jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Original Content Question

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I have looked around, but I haven't seen this answered in the Learning Center.  I know our work here has to be original on-line content.  Three years ago I wrote a series of articles for a magazine that has both a hard copy version and a digital version.  When I do a Google search for a section of my articles, I do get a link to the digital version.

However, this digital magazine requires a subscription to see the articles.

Does Hubpages consider content not original even if it is only available via subscription on-line?  As the copyright has returned to me, will offering a free version here on Hubpages be considered original or not?

Thanks!!!

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If the info is not publicly available online, we won't find it to be duplicate. Just make sure to verify that you gave the magazine non-exclusive rights so that you don't encounter copyright issues when you re-publish the work! big_smile

agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh excellent!!!  I really thought I wouldn't be able to publish it here.  I have several people who want to read the articles but don't have access to the on-line subscription archives.  Yes, I rechecked the writer's guidelines, and the rights are non-exclusive.  I'm going to work on getting those hubs out!! smile

2. barbat79 profile image73
    barbat79posted 3 years ago

Dear agilitymatch, I was planning to answer the question with.."e-mail the team hubpages, they can answer it in definite ways."  and then I saw the answer already there!!!  lol   I learned something new ..thanks!  and Thanks Hubpages team

agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, thanks Simone!!  I did e-mail them, but never heard back.  I suspect I chose the wrong e-mail address, but it was all I could find.  I knew Simone is really good about replying in the forums, although I don't know how she can keep up with all of these threads and do any other work. smile

1. barbat79 profile image73
        barbat79posted 3 years ago in reply to this

you took the words out of my mouth!   Hey take care    see you on HP smile

working