jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Strange Traffic Source

1. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

I've been getting a ton of traffic from a site called k. co .il (no spaces).  It looks like a site from Israel and its in Hebrew.  It's some kind of internet explorer trivia game.

It seems legit, but  I can't imagine why it would be linked to several of my Hubs.  It's nice to have the traffic.  I just hope there's nothing strange going on.

Any cause for alarm?

1. sleepylog profile image87
      sleepylogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I get a lot of traffic from that website too and like you I have no idea what they do, but any traffic is good traffic.

2. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

If they have forums, perhaps someone posted one of your links.  Maybe it was in a comments section?   I get random traffic all the time, never had a problem.

EricDockettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe they have something like that.  It's probably nothing to worry about, but I thought if it was some kind of issue maybe someone else would have heard about it.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image91
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 3 years ago

This is from LinkedIn:
    "K / Logic (www k co il) is one of Israel’s leading Online Marketing companies, serving Fortune 1000’s as well as start-ups world-wide in sectors such as Communications, Publishing, Banking, Insurance and Technology. K / Logic serves as a strategic partner to its clients through its commitment to delivering results on a firm base of creativity, technology and incredibly great thinking.
    Specialties: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Web Business Intelligence (BI), Strategic Internet Consulting, Conversion Optimization"

I would not worry at all! It sounds legit, and if they're into search engine/social media, it is probably common to get traffic from there. I have never received traffic from them, but my traffic sources come from all over the world. Russia, UK, India, Canada. It's common.

Thanks for posting this!  I didn't see that summary, but that's about the gist of what research I did manage on the site.  I'm certainly grateful to have the traffic if it's legit, as it appears to be.

4. EZ Swim Fitness profile image84
    EZ Swim Fitnessposted 3 years ago

Fascinating! Thank you for the update - this is very helpful. I look forward to seeing more traffic from abroad. Excellent!

5. Angel21518 profile image61
    Angel21518posted 3 years ago

This is fascinating and very helpful!

6. My Mind Speaks profile image85
    My Mind Speaksposted 3 years ago

Whew, good to know. I was nervous about certain traffic sites, and I didn't know if it was a good thing or bad thing.

7. pinto2011 profile image62
    pinto2011posted 3 years ago

Hi Eric! I too at times get traffic from personal domain of few people, strange and looking for answers. Actually the internet world is expanding and people have find several ways to interact and earn. Maybe this thing has to do something with earning through referral.

8. SAM ELDER profile image78
    SAM ELDERposted 3 years ago

I dont understand why not just enjoy traffic and relax..

Because bursts of traffic from certain types of undesirable sources should be reported to Google and HubPages.  Even if you didn't ask for the traffic, if it is against TOS it can look like you're up to something fishy and you can lose your Adsense account.

1. Cardisa profile image91
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely correct Eric. All online publishers must be concerned about their traffic sources due to Google's search and publishing guidelines.

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

If they're an "SEO" site and they follow Black Hat techniques, it can harm you.  We had a malicious attack when I first joined from something called "Skylancers."  They began giving tons of hits to some hubs that were getting good traffic.  I have no idea why they were doing that - at first, seeing a bit of a surge, and being new, I was excited.  Very quickly, I could tell it was abnormal traffic and I reported it to the site, as well as to Google.  So, if you see abnormal traffic, beware!  But a nice increase could be exactly that - just a nice increase!