jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Please give me some tips!

1. 0
    Educateurselfposted 3 years ago

Hi to all fellow hubbers, I want some tips from everyone especially those who knows and have experienced about increasing traffic.
    I have read hundreds of articles, hubs, blogs about how to increase traffic and I follow the steps, but unfortunately I am not successful as should be. For example: I have write high and unique content, write about different subjects, I have joined stumbleupon, pinterest, reddit, facebook, twitter.
    About 4 months ago I joined hubpages.
    Any advice and tips will be very helpful thanks in advacne.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Should you like even more reading material, I recommend the guides in our Learning Center (should you have not already read them): http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents big_smile

Also, it helps to focus a bit on writing about your passions in life and NOT writing for traffic. I rarely see those who just want traffic and don't really care so much about the subjects they cover succeed over the long run.

2. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't take this the wrong way but I think the first thing you need to do is work on your English. You only have a second or two to engage a new visitor and most people will be turned off it they think they're going to have trouble understanding what's been written. They'll just click the back button and because of that google will decide your pages are no good and stop sending you traffic.

Do you have a buddy who could proofread your work or help you improve your English?

2. 0
    Educateurselfposted 3 years ago

Thanks simone for the help, Simone my first priority is not to only increase traffic I just want to know the way.
    Thanks Susana for the comment. I agree my english was very bad maybe because english is not my first language and I haven't attend any english language classes. I hope one day I will write hubs with perfect grammar, strong sentences.

1. WalterPoon profile image91
      WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Educateurself, I haven't read your hubs yet but your English here doesn't look bad at all to me... or at least, it is easily editable. It's amazing that you have not attend any English language course and yet you can write like this. Would you like me to help you go through one of your hubs?

1. 0
        Educateurselfposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes Walterpoon if you can help me I am very thankful to you. There are tons of material on my mind to write, but unfortunately I don't know the right way.

1. WalterPoon profile image91
          WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just took a look at "Notes On Iran". Unimportant words like "on" should not be capitalized. Change it to "Notes on Iran", instead.

By the way, your English is not that bad, except for some minor corrections here and there. I am new to HubPages. Where do you think would be a better place to go through your English?