Something went wrong. Please try again.

1. WalterPoon profile image92
    WalterPoonposted 3 years ago

When trying to access HubPages with my Google Chrome browser, I have a message that says:

"The page at says:

Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the Hubpages forums."

I can access all other pages with my Google Chrome and I don't have this problem accessing HubPages with my Firebox and Opera browsers. What could the problem be?

(P/S: Just a little background. I was banned by HubPages and then by Facebook for one day each just one or two days ago. Facebook identified the problem as a link that contains malware. As for HubPages, I also believe it is one of the links, but I don't think it is the same link. I have since done a thorough cleaning of my computer but Google Chrome, which I normally use to access HubPages, keeps prompting me the above message.)

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey WalterPoon- that warning message doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you had a one day ban on HubPages; it pops up (usually) when local issues are preventing you from connecting with HubPages. In most cases, it is just a temporary inconvenience. Are you still getting that error message?

2. WalterPoon profile image92
    WalterPoonposted 3 years ago

Yes, I am still having the warning message in Google Chrome. My Firefox collapsed completely a few hours ago. I am now using Opera to access HubPages.

No, I am not saying that the message has anything to do with the ban. I am saying that a malicious link may have been the cause because this is not the first time I put a link to substantiate my answers in the Q&A and I saw this morning someone else doing it (don't want to mention names) in "Hot Questions".

What I suspect is a trial-period malware software that expired 2 days ago to be the cause of my computer problem. I am in the process of cleaning the mess.