Google Ads on my Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ClusterCritterposted 10 years ago

I'm new here, so please correct me if I posted to the wrong forum.

I joined Hubpages recently, and have not yet applied for a Google Adsense account (Since it is hard to get approval), but decided to hook my existing Amazon Associates account to Hubpages and see how it goes.

But after checking my (currently only) Hub, I've found out that it is full of Google Ads, but Amazon ads are nowhere to be found. So, where (and who) does these Google Ads came from?

(Also I have no idea how to use Amazon affiliate anyway)

2. yupperclub profile image60
    yupperclubposted 10 years ago

Google will automatically use your Hub for advertising purposes if they feel your Hub is genuine and sincere (not just spammer quick money maker).  So be proud, and if you see this with future hubs, just try re-applying.

1. profile image0
      ClusterCritterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am still somewhat troubled - Can I  receive shares from the revenue generated by those ads?

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Whether ads appear on your Hubs has nothing to do with quality.

ALL Hubs have ads on them, because that's how the HubPages company makes money.  The only Hubs which don't show ads are those where the subject is not approved for advertising, e.g. Hubs that might be considered adult content. 

Ads appear whether or not you have an Adsense account. If you don't have an Adsense account, all the income goes to HubPages.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

Amazon ads don't come up automatically, you have to use the "Amazon capsule" listed on the right side with other capsules when you are creating or editing your hub.

4. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

The Google ads are generated automatically (we don't choose them), and they are there before we are approved for a Google Adsense account. You won't get a share of the profits until you're approved, and you shouldn't even apply until you have around 10 quality hubs published. If you apply before then, you'll just keep getting rejected. Good luck, and I hope I have been at least a little helpful.

1. profile image0

Thanks for your help, your replies have been very helpful for me.

I am from Asian region and have to wait for six months before applying Google Adsense. Will continue to write while I wait.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
        Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I didn't realize that. I forget other countries have to wait longer! But at least you should have a great number of fantastic hubs by then, and it will be beneficial to you after a while. When you do get approved, you have the potential to earn more money sooner than someone with only a few hubs. But it's tough, having to wait for so long. Good luck!

5. shielamaeparreno profile image64
    shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years ago

Hi Cluster, we have the same situation. I'm new here, from Asia, and been rejected by Google Ad. But why wait for six months? If you can make 10 quality hubs in a week you can get approved, right? And thanks Kathryn, I was wondering about the Google ads on my hubs too and haven't seen any Amazon. Thanks for the info! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, you won't.  If you live in Asia you have to wait six months.  It doesn't matter how good a writer you are.  That's Google's rule.

1. shielamaeparreno profile image64
        shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

ok good to know, thanks

2. profile image0

Hello shielamaeparreno. Actually sometime Google will make exception for blogs/hubs  with REALLY good and plentiful contents, so don't give up.

The six month rule is more like "six month worth of contents", or so I heard.

1. shielamaeparreno profile image64
        shielamaeparrenoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great! But anyway, the Adsense and all is just a bonus. Thanks!

1. profile image0

For some of us (like me) it's the main reason we are here though. Nevertheless the people and community at Hubpages are really great, so I still prefer to write here than write my blog (in solitary)

6. VictoriaSheffield profile image81
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 10 years ago

If you did not sign up for adsense, this is one good question. Maybe only HubPages only will get paid for any clicks. ?????

1. profile image0

Yes, that seems to be the case.

7. Carola Finch profile image93
    Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

HubPages puts the Google ads on and that has nothing to do with AdSense. You have the option of turning the ads off when your are accepted by the earnings programs and have ads to place.  You have to apply for the Earning Programs here through HubPages (see the earnings tab on the my account page) for Google Adsense, Amazon, or eBay. You can't use an outside account. Google Adsense is hard to get - you should have at least 20 or more published Hubs before applying.

1. profile image0

Actually I already have an Amazon account in place (You can see it from some of my hubs). If I turn off the ads, do I turn off my amazon ads as well?

2. profile image0

I've tried turn off the ads. My Amazon capsules are still there so I will keep it that way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)