jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

New to HP

1. Woodmckinney profile image76
    Woodmckinneyposted 4 years ago

Hey everyone,
    Just started here on HP about 5 days ago, I'm still working on my hubs and I feel like they will always be a work in progress.
    Wondering if I could get some feedback, don't be too harsh, now..
    It would be very much appreciated

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm so glad you joined HubPages, Woodmckinney!

Should you want extra reference points to use when working on those Hubs, consider these guides:
      hubpages.com/learningcenter/How-to-Craft-a-Search-Friendly-Title
      hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elements-of-a-Stellar-Hub

I hope you're having fun so far! big_smile

Woodmckinneyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the resources!
        I appreciate it!
        I have been researching in my free time on lots of these topics. I have had a blog for quite some time now and it has been pretty successful for the amount of effort I have put into it.. So I figured it was about time I start making passive income from it and other sites.

2. dontaytte profile image71
      dontaytteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just have fun and learn. Just keep checking the forums, asking question, and keep on moving. Do you have any blogs?

Thanks, I've been jumping all over these forums, and yes, I have had a blog for quite some time now. I believe it is linked on my profile page. It is about fashion, diy, deals, etsy ( you get the idea)

I plan on slowly creating more and more hubs centered around those topics, while still posting hubs that will get a good amount of traffic; get some regulars before posting ALL of the same topic.

1. dontaytte profile image71

What do you sell on esty. I sell on Bonanza and Highwire. To get traffic I use my blogs which are centered around my hubs, stumble upon(good for short burst of traffics), Pinterest, and Google+. I hope you have the best of luck.

Uh oh, another selling fanatic, everyone watch out- We usually brainstorm really well together haha.
            I sell jewelry, accessories, my co founder and I are trying to focus in faux vintage wear ( skirts, dresses, any apparel really), but we have just been so busy!
            I love stumble upon for traffic, it was acually the inspiration for my first hub!
            What do you sell, and is your site somehow linked to hubpages?

1. dontaytte profile image71

I like selling many things from fashion jewelry to electronics.  I try to keep my store business and hub pages separate. I mostly use my blogs and advertising for my stores. I stepped away from Hub Pages for about 3 months so I've spent my first week and a half updating my old hubs.

2. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Hiya, welcome to hubpages! good luck with your writing, you'll love it here!

3. younghopes profile image80
    younghopesposted 4 years ago

Welcome dear to hub pages, you'll have a great time here, the fellow hubbers are really good, helpful and cooperative.

4. Barbara Kay profile image87
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. Just keep writing and learn all you can. There is lots of information on the site that will help.

5. sereseus profile image75
    sereseusposted 4 years ago

Welcome to our awesome community.Firstly read through the learning centre.You will get some nice ideas there.We all are in support for you.Good luck.

Thanks for your input everyone!

6. ChrisNaish profile image61
    ChrisNaishposted 4 years ago

Hey there,

1st, you can make money and promote your own site here. I don't write a lot under this (my real name) account) as they content keywords would be copied.

I just put out a book on long tail keywords and ranking in Google on Amazon, look for 'long tail keywords' in Amazon and thhe book by Chris Naish is mine.

It will be free to download there from 26th until the 30th of this month and I think you will find it helpful. :-)

7. k12rswow profile image61
    k12rswowposted 4 years ago

Wood,
    Watch out for self promoters here, there are lots of them.

8. Woodmckinney profile image76
    Woodmckinneyposted 4 years ago

Thanks Chris!

Real quick, you posted:
    That you " don't write a lot under this (my real name) account) as they content keywords would be copied"
    I'm a bit confused on that. What does that mean exactly, that your real name or account t would link you to some other place with similar content?

I only ask because I use this username for ALOT of things, all are about the Same general topic, so it usually helps me market a bit better.

Is that not the case for you?

Thanks for the heads up K12, I've pretty much learned to expect this no matter what site you go to. Have you sever been on Blogger? Haha.

1. ChrisNaish profile image61
      ChrisNaishposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey again Wood,
      Watch out for the nameless happy, sunshine welcome crews that pigeon hole newbs to the generic advice pages and warn you off the only person who offers you something with their real name on it that will help you out for free.

I just happened to log in to see how many extra people had signed up under me this week (earning me money off THIER articles) when I saw your question pop up in my dashboard.

I thought I was qualified to give you some info on the subject so I clicked through. You definitely won't find me around this forum self promoting, feel free to look.

Hit me up through the contact page on my website Wood and I'll try to help you out. Would do so here but I might get burned or crucified for having a different way of helping you other than kind words and back patting. ;-)

9. Thelma Alberts profile image84
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages! I hope you will enjoy it here.

working