jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

How does HubPages determine CPM?

1. maalarue profile image90
    maalarueposted 3 years ago

From what I understand CPM is paid by the keyword's CPC value 1 time for each 1000 impressions? So let's say I have only 1 Hub and the keyword's CPC value used to search and find my Hubpage through  the Google Search Engine is $3.50. If that same keyword phrase worth $3.50 is used 1000 times, I would earn $3.50 (I'm not going to include the 40% or whatever the amount is that Hubpages takes, in order to keep the math simple).

So if this is correct, then what if we have the exact same numbers as above except the search was performed from the HubPages Search and not from the Google Search Engine? What would the CPC or CPM value be the same or different, and if so, how different?

My next question would be if my HubPage article is not visited through a search at all, but rather from a direct link here on HubPages, how is that earning calculated?

Thanks in advance.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

CPM is a calculated figure; earnings divided by traffic times 1000 (the M part).

It doesn't matter where the visitor comes from, you will be paid the same.  Clicking on a title with high paying keywords doesn't earn a dime; viewing the ads on the hub, or clicking them in some instances, is what pays.  A visitor that backs out before the page is loaded won't earn you a thing no matter how many times he clicked the google link.

1. maalarue profile image90
        maalarueposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not sure how I missed your reply, so first let me thank you for your response.
        So if I understand you correctly, it does not matter where the visitor comes from or if any keywords were used at the time, it only matters how much the ads shown on the target page are worth (or how much the advertiser is paying for those ads shown on the site).

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That is correct.

working