jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Blog posts

1. gunduboss profile image60
    gundubossposted 7 years ago

Can I copy my blog posts in hubs??

2. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

I don't think you are allowed to do that because it straightway means that the Hub you create will have copied contents which is strictly against Hubpages policy. Read the Hubpage policy (http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement) carefully before start writing a Hub.

3. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Hi Gunduboss

Unfortunately, you cannot use content you have published elsewhere. One, if you have adsense, your account might be shutdown for duplicate content. Two, Google will penalize your website for duplicate content by giving you a lower page rank.

1. Lissie profile image87
      Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No wrong on both accounts
      Adsense willl NOT shut you down for duplicate content
      Yes you will probably get a lower ranking in the search engine ranks with duplicate content - I don't know about PR - its not that important anyways

However Hubpages does allow duplicate content but you are not allowed to add self-serving links to it and you will get a lower hub score

1. brad4l profile image83
        brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Using duplicate content in effect makes your hub invisible to Google, so it really doesn't really offer any benefit for you. They typically won't penalize you for it, but you won't get any natural traffic for doing this.

You would be much better served to rewrite the content before posting it.

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

I've read so many times that Google won't index your posts if you have duplicate content (or some version of that), yet when I search for stuff, more often than not, it comes up with pages worth of versions of the same story.

5. riotgrrrl profile image88
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

whats your blog hun? i'd like to check it out, i'm new to blogging so i find reading other peoples blogs fascinating stuff!
    mine is at www.dead-heart-dead-world.blogspot.com