jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

RESOLVED: managing a hub

1. Lastheart profile image70
    Lastheartposted 3 years ago

I have been working on a hub entitled Cities of Puerto Rico. I have been trying to work on it and no capsules will allow me in to edit. It won't allow me to preview. I am confused. It is a long hub--1700+ words now. Can someone from the hub team explain this to me?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It sounds as though you've encountered a technical error. It could be a result of your internet connection. It could just be that you need to refresh the page and/or re-start your browser and/or computer. Have you tried any of those methods?

Lastheartposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I have tried everything at hands, reason for which I ask for help.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

I would try to log out of hub pages, log back in and go back to edit the hub.

Thanks so much! Since last night I been doing all sort of things.

3. Froggy213 profile image38
    Froggy213posted 3 years ago

As Lasthearts husband, I find that everything so far tried has been to no avail. Every once in awhile we get the popup that something is busy on the screen and to stop script, which we do.

Thanks Froggy. The thing is that my other hubs are working fine.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
        Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I tested using Windows XP and Firefox 20 which you are using and was able to create a new Hub successfully.
        My guess is that the issue is related to your internet connection and Simone suggested.

Does the issue persist in another browser?
        On another computer the same location?
        Here are some other steps to try, but if the issue is network-related, browser changes will not resolve it.
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

If this is related to specific Hub, please provide the URL and/or title.

My computer and Internet are working fine in all the other things I have been doing. I also started another hub and is working well. The problem is with an exclusive, titled "City and Towns of Puerto Rico". The URL is: http://hubpages.com/hubtool/edit/3633834#
          It has so much work on it. Thanks so much for your concern. I do appreciate it.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
            Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Lastheart.
            I was able to successfully edit that Hub using Chrome and Firefox in OS X and Firefox 20 in Windows XP.  I was able to save changes as well.
            It still looks like it may be an isolated issues specific to your computer.
            It could be a system resources issue for example.
            What CPU does you machine have and how much RAM?
            You can run Windows Task Manager by peressing <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<ESC>.
            Click the "Performance" tab and then load the page in your browser.
            My guess is that you will see the CPU usage, PF Usage and Available physical memory max out.

Matthew Meyer
              Thanks! I think I will solve the problem by cave ways. I love to write even on a paper napkin. I really do not understand OS X, RAM, <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<ESC>., CPU usage nor PF Usage.
              It was a nice first time experience posting here. Thanks again!

Ohhh it does work now...thanks!!! God bless you all! I was about to delete it and start over. Thanks you are good people.

Closed to reply

working