jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Fan Mail

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Well, I just found out there's only one way I can find out if someone left me fan mail. I have to go to my account page, click on activity, then click on fanmail. Fan mail is waiting there to be approved. Oh, and, of course, through email notifications; but I don't look at those often, just happened to look at some today, that's how I found out I had fan mail. So, now I know, so I'm okay. But I'm wondering how many people actually realize this, know how to see if they got fan mail. They might have fan mail stacked up they don't even know about. I brought this up a long time ago, about not getting notifications for fan mail, and since it isn't a very pressing issue I dropped it. But I'm curious what others think; if we should get a notification or some way of seeing we got fan mail without kind of fishing for it; worse yet, maybe never find it.

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

NateB11, are you recommending some form of Fan Mail notification that extends beyond the on-site and optional email and mobile notifications people already get?

If so, in what form would these notifications appear?

Note: you can configure all those options here: https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that link. I don't think I've looked at those configuration settings since I started about a year ago; good to know about that. But I looked at my settings there and it's already set to get notifications for fan mail in email and digest (I'm assuming that means here on HP), and mobile (which I don't use). So, from what I could tell I could only find out about fan mail that was left for me through my email or by going into my account page to look it up. I was thinking we should get notifications for fan mail from the regular drop down for notifications at the top of the page here. It would seem less likely to be overlooked that way.

2. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simone, I've always wished fan mail would appear on the front page list where comments do.