jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Embedded Videos

1. dosboot profile image61
    dosbootposted 4 years ago

I embedded a video on one of my Hubpages and noticed today that there are other videos embedded with mine I did not place there. These other videos are of a similar vien to what I embedded, but one of them has some language in it that may be offensive to anyone reading my piece. Anyway, the real issue is why these other videos are mixed in with mine, and who put them there. My video came from YouTube, and since it's not owned by me, then perhaps the owners felt they have the right to promote similar videos, which they probably do, but this would not explain the one video that is contrary to what my Hubpage is promoting. Help!!!

2. To Start Again profile image83
    To Start Againposted 4 years ago

Do you mean at the end of your video? The suggested next vids to watch?

That's a YouTube thing. I don't think you have any control over that. Most of the suggestions will be related videos though sometimes, they pull from things you've recently searched for on YouTube. So if some of the stuff is posibly offensive, well it could be because it is related in some way to what you posted or something that you may have watched before.

You may have also some how embedded a playlist form YouTube which would have included several different videos under one heading.

dosbootposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK, that makes sense. Yeah, these other videos appear as alternative videos to watch after mine has played out, as you say "suggested next vids to watch." I'm pretty certain I didn't embed a playlist, as these other vids appeared only recently.

Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to shoot my own videos to avoid this kind of thing.

1. To Start Again profile image83
        To Start Againposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, those video suggestions are so tiny most of the time, it's unlikely anyone will pay much attention to them. But if you feel something on there might send readers away from your page, then I understand not wanting it on there.

Yeah, well, the suggested video is kind of funny, and does have a point, but more than anything I just didn't expect to see it on my hub. This hub needs an refresh anyway - thanks again.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One thing you can do to avoid this is to upload the video directly to HubPages: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … sh-a-Video

Then you have the ability to control the entire experience! big_smile

Thanks, appreciate it.

working