jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Referral links

1. WalterPoon profile image83
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Hi, I have 3 persons whom I invited to join HubPages. The 3 have joined but is not indicated in my account. Is the default tracker token (2w8181s6dzxdv) in my Referral Trackers page the correct one to use?

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey WalterPoon! Thank you for referring your friends to HubPages. big_smile

It does not matter which tracker token you use- we simply provide the ability to create/use different ones should folks like to keep track of who came from which campaign (e.g. some folks have dedicated tokens for Twitter, others for Facebook, email, etc.).

WalterPoonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Simone, thanks for the clarification.

2. WalterPoon profile image83
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Loksmi, you need to put your referral tracker:
    https://hubpages.com/(your_tracker_number)/user/new/

Seems like you also need to put an underscore before the tracker number... Hope I got it right. Can anyone confirm? Seems like it's not working for me or do I have to wait until they start earning money before it shows in my Tracker page?

1. profile image0
      loksmiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

WalterPoonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Loksmi, yes, I remembered because if I don't put the underscore, the link doesn't work. But lately, I had some problems with malware and even my HubPages' link to Facebook was hijacked, causing me to be banned 4 days in a row because I wasn't aware of that. I saw the HubPages link in my Facebook apps list and since I did link it (like I have linked so many others), I thought it was not the cause. Anyway, I have deleted the link and so far, no problem.

working