jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Google AdSense not approved?

1. liamhubpages profile image60
    liamhubpagesposted 4 years ago

I hope someone can help me out with the issue I'm experiencing. I have made 10 hubs and they are all very well visited, a couple are even on the first page of google searches. But for the life of me, I cannot get my google adsense account approved. Can someone please help me with this issue, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image84
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

liamhubpages,
      This question is asked daily, I asked the same question myself. I can assure you that it is simply a matter of the short period of time you have been here. It took me six weeks and probably more than a dozen published hubs before I was approved. I took it personally, I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and Google Adsense doesn't go out of their way to explain "why you're not making the cut". I think they want to make sure that someone is worth investing their time and energy into before they approve them... there are a lot of people who apply for something on a whim and never return. You're doing good, keep doing it... keep making hubs, be active within the HP community and apply again... I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
      Cat

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image81
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many of the questions in this thread are answered in our FAQ section on Google AdSense: http://hubpages.com/faq/#Google-AdSense-On-HubPages

I recommend checking it out, particularly if you are new to the process! smile

2. liamhubpages profile image60

Thank you Cat, I appreciate your answer. I'll wait till a month passes and then I'll reapply. Thank you

No problem. I think I went about it the wrong way... I assumed signing up for Adsense was simply another part of "getting started" on HP. When I was "rejected" I thought I was doing something wrong; "Reject me?" "Reject me?" I reapplied every single time I got my denial email... not realizing that time was a huge factor. I think they just got sick of hearing from me and finally let me in :-)
      You might not be able to "earn money" for the moment, but all the building you do in the meantime will only make you a stronger money machine once the earning starts!
      Cat

3. Carola Finch profile image99
    Carola Finchposted 4 years ago

I am a newbie here too for nearly two months. Most people say you need at least 20  or more hubs before being accepted by Google. I suggest you try again in a month. I applied twice, the second time with 17 hubs a month ago and was turned down.  I applied again recently for the third time with about 30 hubs, a score in the high eighties, and lots of pageviews.  I just got accepted!  Keep plugging away and it will happen for you too.  Good luck.

4. Sugahware profile image92
    Sugahwareposted 4 years ago

I am so happy to come across this discussion. I just got denied (10 hubs, account is 1 month old) and I was feeling terrible and taking the denial way too personally. I was asking the "reject me?!" that Cantuhearmescream referred to. I was actually thinking that this whole thing was a joke and maybe I should give up.  I feel better now!  I won't give up and I'll reapply in another 10. Thanks guys!

Sugahware,
      Yes, stay in the game, we can't have you giving up now! Trust me, you will look back and laugh at yourself in a couple of months. I just about lost sleep over the repeated denials. Newbies come in anxious and eager and start putting their ducks in a row and applying for everything. We are unaware and it is easy to wonder what we're doing wrong. I guarantee if you keep doing what you're doing, this conversation will be irrelevant in no time!

1. Sugahware profile image92
        Sugahwareposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Haha thanks Cantu. You are so awesome for encouraging me. I sure have been applying for everything! And when those ducks fail to fall perfectly in a row - I freak out! Deep breaths, I know, I know. Thanks again!

1. Sugahware profile image92
          Sugahwareposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And wouldn't you know it. I just found out I got a Rising Star nomination for my hub, Is It Safe to Feed Dogs Raw Eggs. I am so excited! Definitely not giving up now...

Wow, look at you go! That's awesome, congratulations! I know I briefly saw it myself, but I'm definitely going to be checking it out!

5. Theophanes profile image94
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

I was never able to get adsense to work.... something about only being able to ask for a code to be mailed no more than three times? I tried when I first signed up here and again about a year ago with the same results.... never got the code in the mail, despite two different addresses. I gave up. That being said the Hub ads pay a lot better anyway... so it's not all a loss.

6. liamhubpages profile image60

Theophanes thank you for your answer, but....how did you sign up for hub ads without google adsense? sad

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It isn't supposed to be possible so it looks like Theophanes (or HP) have made a mistake.

7. ilscherzo profile image72
    ilscherzoposted 4 years ago

Relax, just wait and it will come to you. Many people don't get it even after twenty or thirty hubs. But just persevere.

working