jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Switch between Video, Article or Recipe, whichever applies.

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

I don't know if this has already been suggested or done but I can't find a post about it anywhere or a solution.

I would like to be able to to switch from a previously published video hub to an article or recipe hub. If there is a solution please point me in the right direction. As is I cannot find anything on the hub while editing that would suggest that I can do this.

My problem is this. When the video hubs were in beta mode I was one of the first people to try this. The hub in question  is a recipe hub but does not show up in search as a recipe but rather a video. I think this is affecting my traffic as most people searching for my hub would not search for videos. I may be wrong.....please correct me.

I would like to make the hub a recipe hub but do not want to unpublish it!

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Cardisa,
      That's how videos are designed; they cannot show up as anything else. Unfortunately, there is no way to convert Videos to Hubs, as relache indicates.
      If the format change is really important to you, you will need to delete that Video and start a fresh Hub.
      That said, if you have included the Recipe Capsules (including the Ratings Capsule set for recipes), your content should appear in searches utilizing recipe filters. The recipe microformat tags will be there; it is just that video microformat tags take precedence in search result presentation (as I understand it, at least).

Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone. That hub has nearly 10,000 views so I guess I have to make a tough decision whether to keep it that way or not. smile

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

At this time, there's no way to switch video Hubs.  Simone or Matt will just show up and tell you to make a new Hub and delete the video one.

Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yikes, I can't do that. Thanks Relache smile