jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I know this is probably asked before--or a lot...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

but--I can't find it...and my bookmarks keep going away...

How, (while signed in) to I find YESTERDAY's HOTD?  I wanted to read it, but was getting too tired, and now, I can only find it on the carousel before I sign in.   Is that what I have to do??  Sign out?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Here's the archive: http://hubpages.com/hubs/oftheday

I'm really glad you're interested in perusing it! big_smile

When you forget the URL, just visit the Hub of the Day Learning Center entry.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
        DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Simone--my mind has been in a thousand and one places lately, as I mentally prepared for, and am now in recovery from knee replacement surgery.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
          Pearldiverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good to see that you came through that event....

I couldn't help but mention how important it is to closely check your replacement knee within the first 7 days after such an operation, especially if you have had to mentally adjust to the whole event!

Just a Heads Up.....
          Recently here, a Northern hemisphere (UK) surgeon on an exchange assignment with a Kiwi surgeon (possibly yours)... was found to have wrongly used and positioned replacement knees joints with elbows!  He had done this intentionally and would have got away with it but for one of his patients now having the ability to scratch her forehead with her foot, during a post op interview with nursing staff! 

The surgeon stated that she would be okay.... though he added that potentially leaning on a bar could raise a few eyebrows!  lol

2. yupperclub profile image77
    yupperclubposted 3 years ago

HUH?  or is it DUH!

3. yupperclub profile image77

Well okay if you say so.  Personally, I prefer to go without surgeons and work things out naturally unless it's my heart or perhaps a nervousness causing mole on my face or neck.  Of course, vision is critical but I have sufficient standbys that work pretty well in the meantime.  If it don't hurt, I don't try to fix it...and something has to really hurt a lot before I'll ever approach a doctor.  Not saying that doctors are untrustworthy, it's just what I prefer.  But there are still those that are untrustworthy...so I'll stick with God.  Have fun, whatever, I enjoy this conversation I guess...I'll still follow.  That is, if you can start making more sense of it all.  Other than God and Natural, I haven't a clue for the most part.

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well of course if one chooses to have 'standbys' for certain aspects or health needs in one's life, then it may well be prudent to ensure that one's legs are in good working order and not mismatched as a result of either a medical mistake, or, having one's leg pulled too subtly!  lol

4. yupperclub profile image77

I suppose that is true...but I feel that God is mine Doctor for most operations of mine body.  If something concerns me, there are always professionals to call.  Things like Heart, Unusual or painful bumps or bruises, moles on the face or neck that seem to be turning UGLY...things like that.  Vision, of course, but most eye doctors can make a valid prescription considering the equipment they invest in.  I mean, who knows better than God when it comes to Natural Physics?  But I also believe that, if married, a Husband might have the right to designate preferred practitioners, if necessary - especially during pregnancy.

working