jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

will i ever reach a payout

1. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

because sometimes i feel like its never going to happen to me, and that i'll be putting in loads of hard work for nothing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Riot, you've only been here 3 weeks.  Writing on the internet is not easy money - in my experience, you have to work longer hours to earn the same money you would in a "real world" job.

Some people (PGrundy is a good example) are happy with that, because they'd rather work 50 hours doing something they love than 20 hours doing something they hate.

Lissie has written a good Hub about this:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-Onli … Depression

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

It will happen, it takes most people 9 or 10 months to reach payout.

3. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

it will happen.
    I guess i should just keep saying that to myself again and again lol as a mantra.
    keep my motivation levels up!

4. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

you worry too much.  Your writing is fab, and I'm just assuming that your payouts will reflect that.  I can't really speak on this topic because for one thing I just got my trackers and accounts and everything set up less than a month ago, but secondly, I really don't care if I get paid or not.  This to me is a place to get my work out there and get some feedback from my fellow writers whom I hold in high esteem.  That's not to say that I would turn down the money if it was given to me (that would simply be foolish) but I guess what I'm trying to say is just chillax a bit.  The universe has a funny way of eventually getting you the things that you need.