Private Photo Albums

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 3 years ago

I love HubPages and yet I would like a photo album just for my family to view. I also would like my family here on HubPages more often.

The design of HubPages and its engineering, especially the variety of the photo capsules lend this site to a virtual photo album for family and friends.

Has there been any discussion of crafting a personal site for family? It would need to be password protected and the other "commercial" hubs could be advertisements around it.  For those who need mega space, a fee might need to be access over a certain storage limit.

Is there a better space out on the world wide web? I feel Facebook and Pinterest don't really serve my needs in this regard. Your thoughts? Suggestions?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey American_Choices!
      I am afraid HubPages is designed around getting information out there, not keeping it private, so we're not the best choie for that.
      What I'd recommend is flickr- besides, photo sharing is their one and only business, so their tools are far more advanced.

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that there will ever be a personal site just for family here on HP. Whatever you publish on Hubpages will be crawled by every search engine and displayed to the world. I suggest using Blogger for you photo gallery. Blogger has a feature where you can block the site from being crawled by search engine and will only be seen by who you select. If you need more help organizing and customizing you Blogger site, email me.

Another option would be to get your own domain and password protect your site. This way everything is private except to those with the password. Again if you need help there, email me.

Hubpages is a content site and a business. They have no interest in create private domains for personal use.