jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but.....

1. 60
    WJLammposted 3 years ago

I just want to write and put my scribblings online.  As a writer who is disabled and has trouble (Theres a little brain damage.) wading through pages and pages of "How To's", I just want to know, in as simple a format as possible, what I have to do to post my writings on HUB and have a chance of having them read.

Is it possible to distill out the excess and just tell me the basics of what I have to do to post my short stories?

Thanks folks.

1. GwennyOh profile image82
      GwennyOhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not yet an expert on HP, but I have some words of advice for you.  You introduce yourself as a victim.  There is no doubt that your life will mirror that energy back to you.  No one needs to know you are 'disabled' or 'brain damaged'.

They would be as happy to help you if you identified yourself the same way anyone would.  Then you can be assured you would adopt a suitable self image to get farther ahead. 

What gives me the right to say?  Maybe I once stood where you are and learnt better... let's leave it at that. 

You write, decently, so do the reading and get the full advantage.  It will be worth it.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Gee whiz.

2. 60
        WJLammposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What the...?
        I offer up my condition as an explanation as to why I cannot wade through reams of pages, and that's what you get out of my statements?  While not even attempting to offer a hint of a suggestion towards solving the issue?  Lady, I'd suggest you take a closer look at your own neuroses and leave it at that.

1. GwennyOh profile image82
          GwennyOhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One day you will see that thoughts - all of your thoughts are energy that attract like energy... not just the ones that you hope attract like energies, but absolutely every single one. 

When you come to that day that you don't  identify yourself as less than anyone else in any circumstance, you will be at your best. You won't remember me, or the many others who may tell you in different words, many times until then to thank them. 

Some people feel it important to get an important message across in a big way.  I knew I'd get flack but felt that you needed the truth delivered and make no apologies except for the fact that it gave you momentary discomfort.

Btw, you just proved my point, no significant brain damage.  So perhaps ask yourself why you want/need to accept that as your truth.

2. dwachira profile image83
      dwachiraposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can get that at FAQ in simple steps
      I hope this help smile

1. 60

Thanks Dwachira.  I'm off to study!

2. 60

Thanks Dwachira!  Some Clarification please.  Once I create my Hub, any new stories I make I just stick in the capsules?  I that correct?

1. WriteAngled profile image92
          WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You don't just keep adding to one hub all the time. Of course, there may be times when you might consider adding a little extra to an existing hub. However, usually you will create a new hub for each new topic/story you cover.

If a new hub relates in some way to existing hubs of yours, then you can make links between them. That is a good thing, not only because it helps to increase your views, but also because the search engines see it as a positive factor.

As for getting your hubs read, that depends on two things. Firstly, your hubs have to pass a quality check before HP will let them become visible in search engines. Secondly, you will need to attract readers by including words and phrases in your hubs that match what people are searching for on the Internet and/or by announcing your hubs and providing links to them from other sites.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, WJLamm!

The biggest things that can help your work get successfully published and found are:
    1. High quality writing
    2. Useful, unique, informative articles that leverage your unique expertise
    3. Titles that are short, descriptive, and reflective of common search terms
    4. Text broken into multiple Text Capsules with descriptive subheadings
    5. Additional media (e.g. original photos, tables summarizing top tips, videos, etc.) to supplement your written text.

The top two guides I recommend are these:

Have fun!!

1. 60

Thank you Simone.  I hope this is the start of something grand.