jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How to use Amazon Associates?

1. 0
    ClusterCritterposted 3 years ago

If you look at my hubs, three out of five of my Hubs display the Amazon ads in the capsules I set up myself. However out of those capsules, only the one form my latest post display my tracking code in the links (I checked this from the "edit hub" mode).

Did I do something wrong here? What if the amazon links from my previous hubs wont count towards my earning?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Remember that Hubpages will have their ID in the links 40% of the time. Theirs is hubpages -20. Refresh your page a few times and you'll see your ID come up.

Edit: You're much better off checking the ID's when the page is published, rather than in edit mode.

1. 0
        ClusterCritterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh well. I can only hope that the 0 clickthrough rates in my report is because of REALLY no one clicked through, not because I did something wrong.

The advertised products show up just fine though.

2. Carola Finch profile image98
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

Am new to Amazon myself - just got accepted this week.  I find it easier to use the "links" feature in Amazon capsules by browsing the page Amazon sent me when I was accepted and copying the relevant links into the list.  Then I hit the "preview" button at the bottom to make sure the links are working.  The links won't show if there is no monetary value for the product or the link is incorrect. All of the Amazon links you are using should have your code as part of and at the end of the actual link.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Generally only a certain type of demographic will be in the mood to buy. Someone searching "Best baby bottles" will be more likely to buy than someone searching "How many ML of formula should I feed my baby".

I have a hub with over 1,000,000 views which I'm fairly sure has only ever brought me two sales. I have another account full of sales hubs which used to get about 200 hits a day, and I'd get at least 2-4 sales a day (back before the QAP, although it's picking up again!)

1. 0

Well I can at least try, since I haven't got an Adsense yet.

2. 0

Oh no, I saw from your hub that infomation hub doesn't sell Amazon items. (Facepalm)