Stumble Upon Issues

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Isabella Snow profile image86
    Isabella Snowposted 16 years ago

Anyone else having trouble submitting a link?

Ive tried from hubpages and from my own toolbar and neither take it

Worked fine yesterday.

2. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image62
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

I just submitted one of mine using my toolbar, and it  worked fine.

I  don't know  if it makes a difference  or  not, but  there was an update for the  StumbleUpon toolbar for  Firefox that I installed this morning. You  could try that if are still having trouble.

Good luck!

3. Isabella Snow profile image86

Yeah... I did that too. Just tried again and its still not submitting for me.

I was able to submit something from another site, however, so it seems like its just hubpages stuff I cant do.

Are you able to change the titles? I notice it asks you to fill one in, but on mine it lifts the title from the URL, anyway..

4. Isabella Snow profile image86

Actually, I know exactly when it started for me - I submitted one last evening, and then 5 min later tried to submit another, and it got stuck. I get this stupid php url and nothing else happens.

That cant be my settings on my computer, as it had worked doing the same thing 5 min prior. And all the other times I submitted were fine too. Now I cant do hubpages, but can do askmen.

Its a bit weird.. no one else is having this issue??

5. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image62
    C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years ago

That is weird! I'm clueless on this one, then :-)

6. Isabella Snow profile image86

Yeah, me too.  sad

I can submit from anywhere else using my browser.

But I cant submit anything from hubpages that way - and I cant do it via the  share buttons.

Id think that means its specific to hubages..

Hopefully Paul will see this and comment... sad

7. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

I don't have any experience with Stumbleupon, but it sounds like the problem may just be with your stumbleupon account or ip and hubpages urls and not hubpages urls in general.  Maybe you've been submitting too many urls from HubPages and not enough from other domains.

1. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This is similar to what happened with Netscape a few months ago. But with Stumble you have a chance again. Just delete your old posts which do not get any traffic from Stumble and post some other URLs in between and you will be alright. You can start posting HubPages again.

Just in case, here is my Stumble home page. Keep in touch.

Best Regards

1. Isabella Snow profile image86
        Isabella Snowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

How do you delete them? I havent been able to figure that out.

1. Log in
          2. Click 'home', click 'favorites'
          3. Move your mouse over to the title of your post.
          4. Just to the right of the title you can see 'edit' and 'delete'.
          5. Click delete
          6. You are done.
          7. (when you move your mouse away from the title the edit and delete options will disappear)

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

2. Isabella Snow profile image86
        Isabella Snowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

SunSeven, if you still check this - I deleted and posted others but still cant use that account.

Any suggestions?

I dont know why, but Im not getting as good results with the new one I made.

Just deleting will not do. You will have to Stumble others too, as I have mentioned earlier.

8. Isabella Snow profile image86

Ah..we were writing at the same time. smile

I dont think thats the case cos I only submitted 8 pages ever. And some were other places. I read their terms and didnt see a number or ratio anywhere, either. But I dunno.

Hmm.

Screwey.

Oh well, thanks.

9. stubbs profile image64
    stubbsposted 16 years ago

not working for me either, stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

We talked about this in another thread once.  I ended up starting another account to submit hubpages.  Someone said it has to do with the ratio of how many you submit from one site compared to other sites you have submitted.

I didn't know you can delete old posts.  Interesting.

11. Isabella Snow profile image86

Well Im still looking and I dont see any way to delete them.

12. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Nice photo Paul smile

13. Isabella Snow profile image86

Honestly, Sunseven, I dont see any of that.

I click home, go to "pages" (nothing says favorites that I can see) and I hover over the links and I dont see any changes anywhere.

Whens the last time you deleted something from there, maybe they've changed it?

14. SunSeven profile image61

??!!! Its been around all the time. I still see it. I use Firefox. Perhaps a browser incompatibility?

http://hubpages.com/u/115243_f520.jpg

15. Isabella Snow profile image86

Im using Firefox too, and I updated the stumble add-on this morning.

Should it be where I just described it or am I looking in the wrong place?

Maybe the problem is that Im not on a PC.

I have updated too. Wait a sec . I will post the screeshot I have taken a minute ago. Perhaps you can see better.

16. Isabella Snow profile image86

Holy Crap, mine looks NOTHING like that.

Maybe I need to make a new account.

How long have you had that one? Ive had this one since January I think.

Crap, hows it look so different?? It didnt look like that when I had a PC either.

Are you upgraded maybe? To a paying account?

17. Isabella Snow profile image86

Right, I made a new one.

I cannot believe how DIFFERENT it looks. How is that possible???

Ok, I'll start over.

Thanks SunSeven, glad I asked.

18. SunSeven profile image61

I am a member since Aug, 2006. No I am not a paid member.
    Ok now . I see your problem now. I am giving you a link to click now. Don't worry.
    I think you are still in the classic mode.
    Here it is
    Delete Old Posts

All The Best

19. Isabella Snow profile image86

Oh.. yeah  I was using an old version. Wonder why I didnt know that. Hmm. Thanks for that, Im fixed now.

I made a new account before I realized that, and Ive just been able to submit the hubpages links again.

Will that happen again (not being able to submit) if I do too many hubs compared to other sites?

20. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Maybe that's my problem too.  I'll check it out.

21. Isabella Snow profile image86

They just told me they do have a total of how many can come from 1 source. I tried deleting old hubs but it still wont let me post more, so I guess once that happens you need to make a new account.

Bit stupid - they actually want people to sign up for advertising like adsense- you pay 5 cents every time someone visits, if I read that right.

22. Isabella Snow profile image86

Yeah, but I did - I stumbled several others and nothing has happened. sad

Does it matter if Im discovering or just thumbs-upping things other have discovered?

23. SunSeven profile image61

Whats your user name there? Perhaps I can give you a review or thumbs up to try something new.

24. Isabella Snow profile image86

erm.. isabellasnow smile

I have 23 links now and deleted most of the hubs, only have 3 left now. have just discovered like 7 pages and STILL cant submit hubs.

Bumming me out. sad

25. SunSeven profile image61

Click on the link above and add me as friend. I will see if anything is possible to get you start posting again.

26. Isabella Snow profile image86

Ok, I did that. Its 0300 here though and I need to go to sleep!! Hopefully Ill be able to post when I get up! Thanks for your help.

27. SunSeven profile image61

Will do. I think, it may be because most of your pages are tagged adult. Gave you a thumbs up. I hope it helps. Try posting tomorrow.

28. Isabella Snow profile image86

Hmm. Well only the ones I put up there today are adult. And really, only ONE is adult, but some people have stupid ideas of what adult is, so I didnt want to get banned for not labeling something adult. My Askmen articles are not adult, I dont think, but bible thumpers might think they are. So. I dunno. Ill try again in a bit.

29. Isabella Snow profile image86

Nope - and just did a slew more of definite NOT adult.

Oh well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)