Widening the width of HubPages

1. WalterPoon profile image93
    WalterPoonposted 3 years ago

Hi, I have been doing my own websites for some 5 years now and have been toying much with my layout. I was wondering whether HubPages' present 50%-50% width for text and graphic is ideal. I felt it more keenly after reading the hub, "Tarot Cards - Pick Three Cards For A Free Reading". Although the hub is interesting, I found it rather difficult to wade through the whole text because I had to keep on scrolling. Would a 60% width for text and 40% for graphic be a better layout?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It might be, though it would be extremely difficult for us to change the Hub layout without messing everyone's Hub formatting, and it would be weird to have two different formats on the site should we not grandfather in older Hubs. ^_^;;

1. WalterPoon profile image93
        WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think it can be done, if indeed the new format is better. Just give an option button in the edit mode to use the new format. Actually, with so much space on the side, it won't be very noticeable to have 2 formats. As a matter of fact, some hubs may indeed find the present format better. But I always seem to have difficulties with a 50-50 layout. Just an opinion though.