jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why do hubs get featured and then become un featured later on?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

I know this might sound like a stupid question, but why is it that if you publish a hub on here that becomes featured, and then after a few months it becomes un featured?  I know there's probably various reasons, but I was just curious.

Also take for the sake of argument, you published said hubs on here that become featured, and you do NOTHING to them since, and leave them as is.  However, they become unfeatured anyway.  I only ask because i know quite a few of my film reviews were featured for a while on hubpages, but  for whatever reason, hubpages un features them after a few months; while some of my other reviews miraculously stay featured for years.  I don't understand that. 

Maybe they don't want to have too many hubs featured, so that probably explains it, but i was just asking on why some hubs stay featured for years, while others get featured for a certain amount of time, then become unfeatured is all i want to know.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You shall find the answers you seek here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

If traffic to a hub goes below some arbitrary threshold set by HP staff, it is considered not being valuable enough to be shown to search engines and hence loses featured status.

3. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Since the new QAP guidelines came out, things have changed. I saw in a forum (can't recall which) that starting April 22nd, older hubs are now assessed under the new QAP. So in addition to what WriteAngled said about traffic, there are other factors that must meet a standard of "8 out of 10" to pass. Factors may include hub length, clear message, good use of capsules, etc.

Check out the new QAP guidelines in the Learning Center.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just to clarify, we tell people to shoot for an eight, but our minimum quality threshold is well below that. smile

1. janshares profile image86
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this