jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How do I know which Hubs make money and which don´t?

1. David Trujillo profile image88
    David Trujilloposted 3 years ago

I don´t see statistics of earning per hub. This way I can determine which is a cash cow to improve and interlink it.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good question. Basically with HP's earning program you can't know, but since it is mostly impression based the more views a hub gets the more it will earn (in general).

David Trujilloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hum, thanks.

I had missed that it was impression based. I actually thought it was per click. No wonder I haven´t recevied anything from Adsense.

Clicks are also factored in, but unfortunately we have no way of knowing whether our hubs received any or if they did, which hubs got them. It's a definite downside of the program.

The upside is that I definitely earn more from HP ads than just adsense, but it's not that way for everyone.

David Trujilloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And what about using analytics with your hubs. I haven´t installed it yet so I don´t know. Maybe there´s an indicator of your profits?

Do question, right here, ads work by impressions?

I use Google analytics with my hubs but it won't tell you anything about earnings through HP's ad program.

Sorry but I didn't understand the second question.

This might help you: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Ad-Program

2. Simone Smith profile image92
              Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey David Trujillo!
              1. I definitely recommend installing Google Analytics: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sett … -analytics
              2. Our ads are a mix of impression, click, and conversion-based (I think Amazon Capsules are the only conversion-based ads)
              big_smile

working