jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Resizing images

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

I need to resize some images to 320x200.  I have tried Photoshop, but it does not allow me to keep the correct ratio.

I need them for a sliding door theme.  any suggestions?

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use Free Picture Resize Starter, downloaded from CNET. Installed on my PC so I can use it at will.

Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cardisa.

I have a paying gig and am stuck with sizing photos,  Ugghhh!  I hope this works  smile

2. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I resize with WINDOW LIVE PHOTO GALLERY all you have to do is place your photo in edit, right click on the photo, click resize and there will be a list of sizes you can use or make a custom size. You can also crop it there. Once you have the photo re-sized then click make a copy and rename the photo, that way you have the photo your resized and the original. Hope I explained this right.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Your post induced me to revisit Google Picasa Web Albums. Don't know if it does the resize thing yet.

3. Writer Fox profile image81
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

This is the free, online site I use for re-sizing images: resizepic.com (no www in the URL, just http://).  If you need to crop the image first, I recommend this one: www.picresize.com.  Let me know if these work out for you.

Tried this.

Now, trying to remove the malware that came with it off of my PC!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Holy sh-t. Unbookmarked.

2. Cardisa profile image90
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That is why you should only use trusted sources. I trust CNET. Use the one I suggested.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Stashed from May 2012. LOL

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FrIZLAyid-Y/T80ylFMLllI/AAAAAAAAAIs/h4piikDL2cY/w809-h428-p-o/ceiling-cat-in-sky-7ygtUk.jpg

5. Vlorsutes profile image92
    Vlorsutesposted 3 years ago

What sort of ratio issues are you having? If the image's original size isn't the 8:5 ratio you're trying to go for with, then resizing it in any way (photoshop or otherwise) to those specifications is going to mess with the aspect ratio.

6. HowzatPhotography profile image80
    HowzatPhotographyposted 3 years ago

photoshop will allow you to constrain proportions but the image has to be in those proportions to start with

7. Writer Fox profile image81

If you use the site I suggested, you can re-size your image to any dimension you want and in any proportion:
    resizepic.com

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Bookmarked the critter.

8. Writer Fox profile image81

I don't think it's malware, probably just an ad.  Clean your cookies and it will go away.  I use that tool several times a day and have never had malware.

It was a Mix DJ toolbar, ugly!

i think it is gone.

It's all good

9. Writer Fox profile image81

This is another site that I use, too, for adding text to photos, etc.  But, it will also re-size photos:

picmonkey.com  with www

Click 'Edit a Photo' from the top left menu bar.  Then, upload your image.  Then, choose 'Re-size' from the left menu at the bottom.  You can choose to keep the same proportions, or not.

This doesn't download anything to your computer either.  You just use the site online.

kk, thx, I know the client is going to want to add text as soon as I am done.  LOL

10. Reality Bytes profile image94
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

Why did he have to pick a Sliding Door theme?

Makes my profit potential vastly reduced!

working