jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Where is Pinterest Heading with Boards in SERPS? How to get on Board?

1. janderson99 profile image87
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

I have noticed that Pinterest Boards are appearing high up in Google search results. This seems bizarre given the low word count. What's going on? Should we be creating boards with carefully researched titles to get on board? Traffic from Pinterst is good so I don't want to risk any backlash. Anyone have any experience with this?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yep, Pinterest posts with one crap pic and around 10 words of text outranks the actual hub that has 5 pics and a 1000 words of text. I just love the internet...

2. SimeyC profile image86
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think I have MarkEwbie disease - looks like I've been blocked even though it looks like I am posting!

1. quotations profile image92
        quotationsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am on board. We could create a number of different boards on specific topics, then post a limited number of images from various hubbers - no more than one per user subdomain so as not to trigger any google penalties. We should brain storm on the name of the boards, which should be search engine friendly and match likely search terms. Also, to increase page rank, each hubber would follow (is that the right term) the other hubbers' boards so as to increase cross linking.

1. SimeyC profile image86
          SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's also very important to have links to other sites - I'd say a minimum of ten other sites for every hubpages article. I'm creating a new 'Pinterest' account and experimenting to see if I can get some decent traffic by re-pinning, sharing other sites and then sneaking in the odd Hubpage!