jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Question for HP - better notification of new followers?

1. Louise Lately profile image89
    Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago

Hi there, I was just wondering whether there are any plans to highlight notifications of new followers? In order to find out who has recently followed me I have to go to 'my account', 'activity' and then select 'fan mail' to find out who my recent follower is and to approve/deny the fan mail. It would be more fun/easier to receive a quick notification - like what happens when you receive a new comment. Just a thought smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not staff, but FYI - you can adjust settings to get email notifications of new followers as well as fan mail.

Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks Marcy! I do receive emails when I get a new follower but just thought that the process to view who has followed you is a bit long-winded when you are logged into your hubpages account. It would be great to be able to see who your new follower is, as soon as you log in, if you could click on a notification. Thought I would share the suggestion.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see your point - sorry for misunderstanding!  Yes - that would be nice.  A bit like the notice we get that comments are waiting for us.  Good idea!

Thank you Marcy!

2. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To answer your question: We have no plans for changing notifications now.

That said, I'll bring up your suggestion in this week's community meeting. big_smile

Thank you for bringing my suggestion forward to your meeting Simone:)

1. Simone Smith profile image91
          Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My pleasure, Louise Lately!

We came to the collective conclusion that your best bet is to do what Marcy Goodfleisch recommends: set up instant email notifications for new followers. You can do so on this page: https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

Hope that helps! big_smile

2. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

It would be nice to see it show up in 'my activity' again

3. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I found that checking the feed using the 'followers' filter works fine for me.
    I figured it out a few days ago when I wanted to see who my new followers were, but didn't have fan mail.

Hi rebekahELLE! How do you get to the 'followers' filter? Thanks Louise

working