jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

RESOLVED: Problems creating a new hub

1. perrya profile image80
    perryaposted 4 years ago

I have tried to write a new hub. Yet, as soon as I select the category, the the "working" popup appears, as if I hit Continue button. It just hangs there. Never had this issue using Chrome.  Have tried it many times.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear you are having problems publishing a Hub.

Many times the issue you are experiencing is related to network connectivity.

Does the issue persist if you clear your browser cache, restart your computer, and restart any network hardware?

Does the issue persist with another browser?

Here are some other browser trouble shooting steps to try.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

2. poetvix profile image77
      poetvixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had this problem several weeks ago using Firefox.  After all obvious dumping of histories, cookies, disk scans and so on, it still didn't work.  I got disgusted and went to bed.  The next morning it was fine.  No problems since.  I think it's just a glitch or something.  I hope it works out for you.

2. Good Guy profile image94
    Good Guyposted 4 years ago

I have this problem.  For the "start a hub", when I clicked "continue" this message appeared:
    "Please use only letters, numbers, underscores and dashes in the web address for your Hub."

I have checked the url many times and even re-edited, but to no avail.  I simply could not proceed.

Can anyone help?

1. poetvix profile image77

Hit the link for the simplified version.  After it takes your title, back out and go to your stats.  Access and edit from there.  I hope that helps.  It's worked for me before.

1. Good Guy profile image94
        Good Guyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry poetvix, I don't understand "Hit the link for the simplified version." 
        However, I tried again and it works this time.
        For my learning info, can you please explain the above statement?
        Thanks poetvix.

1. poetvix profile image77

On the screen where you first go to enter the title, there's a little blue link, top left, that will take you to a simplified version.
          I hope that helps.

1. Good Guy profile image94
            Good Guyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks poetvix. I learn something new today!  By the way the blue link is on the top right on my screen.

Closed to reply

working