jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is this happening to you too?

1. cameciob profile image76
    cameciobposted 3 years ago

From time to time I stop by google webmaster tool.
    Today, as ususal, I checked my index status and found out that only 48 pages have been indexed for the last three weeks (on November, last year, I had over 230 pages indexed.)
    I also noticed that my hubs do not come up in search with from my subdomain but rather seem that google finds them through topics.
    My conclusion is that google is not indexing my hubs...and threfore I have less traffic.
    When I looked for answers i discovered this under Webmaster Tool help:
    "Total indexed: The total number of URLs currently in Google's index. These URLs are available to appear in search results, along with other URLs Google may discover by other means. This number will change over time, as new pages are added and indexed, and old pages are removed. The number of indexed URLs is almost always significantly smaller than the number of crawled URLs, because it does not include URLs that have been identified as duplicates or non-canonical, or less useful, or that contain a meta noindex tag."
    Anybody has noticed a similar problem?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey cameciob,
      From your Featured Hub Accolade, it looks like you have between 50 and 100 Hubs presently Featured, so it's a bit odd that only 48 are showing up... I don't know what might be the cause.
      Are some of your Featured Hubs new? It could be that they simply haven't been crawled yet. That's the only potential explanation that comes to mind at the moment...

2. cameciob profile image76
    cameciobposted 3 years ago

Thank you for looking into this and answering.
    I checked, at random, over 30 featured hubs, including the ones with daily views and without daily views. It seems like the ones with daily views were crawled more recently then the other ones: minutes to 10 hours vs. days (2 to 4).
    So, my conclusion is that the hubs are crawled but not indexed.
    I have over 50 hubs that produce daily views.

The other funny thing is that if i search for the title of one of my hubs, that had had a previous position of 1.1 to 1.3 in SERPS, it doesn't come up under cameciob.hubpages.com/hub/hubname but under the url of the topic where my hub is categorized. It is the same for all my hubs.

To me, it seems like there is a non-index meta-tag attached to my subdomain or i was hit by latest Google Panda.

3. dilipchandra12 profile image78
    dilipchandra12posted 3 years ago

This happened to me also. Further in Webmaster Tools -> Traffic -> Search Queries, the Impressions and views have also comedown. Hubs of mine are indexed but they aren't indexed on my sub-domain name. See this: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111275

1. cameciob profile image76
      cameciobposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's my case precisely.

I followed your link and saw that, indeed, we have similar cases. I am surprised nobody else has looked into this, as I believe is related to traffic loss.