jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Sources only show up on our 60%?

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

While looking at Google Analytics last night, I saw someone visiting a hub with Bubblews as a source. But today under HubPages traffic source data, it shows no incoming traffic from Bubblews for the past 7 days.
    Will traffic sources only show up in our HubPage data if they visit during our 60% of the revenue time?
    (I know, I know. I over-analyze everything! smile )

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Gcrhoads64- Google Analytics data covers all activity on your subdomain, not just activity that takes place during your 60% of impressions, so I don't know what's up with the missing incoming traffic source data. Our stats system works differently from that of Google Analytics, though, so I wouldn't expect results to always be the same (and would most certainly trust Analytics data more- Google's unbeatable!).
      Hope I've clarified at least a bit. And my, you're on TOP of things!

Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe I'm a little addicted to HubPages right now. yikes

2. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My advice is if you're really into traffic analysis (like I am smile) then use GA. Hubpages gives a good overview but it's rubbish for anything detailed.

Thanks Susana. smile

2. SerraB profile image84
    SerraBposted 4 years ago

From the text at the top of the traffic stats page:
    "Below we've listed the top 30 sites that are referring traffic to your Hubs over various time periods (with a minimum of 5 referrals)."

So if bubblews hasn't given you traffic at least 5 times, it won't show up yet. At least that is how I understand it.

Thanks, Serra. smile

3. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7952486_f248.jpg

Ok. I Took a snip of Google's data for Bubblews for April 30th and today. It shows 4 views, and my HubPages data shows one view for the week.
    Do profile views count? If it was a repeat visitor would it count as just one view?
    smile

4. John Smith CB profile image60
    John Smith CBposted 4 years ago

Hey, you need not to worry about that with Google Analytics. Sometimes, GA shows some traffic which you can't figure out. For example, sometimes on my personal blog, I see people being referred from china (bookmarking sites) which are like totally in Chinese. When I trace back the coming link, I find nothing. So, it's better to ignore that. Anyway 7 is a small number.

Yes, there is a lot on Google Analytics I am still trying to figure out.
      I'm not worried about the view count, I am just still trying to absorb and make sense of all the data. smile

working