jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Low Traffic

1. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

Are my hub scores sinking like a rock because I they don't get any traffic, or am I not getting any traffic because the hub scores are low?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd say the former.

A score isn't going to effect search engine traffic or people from linking to your webpage.

2. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Hi William,

Low hub scores will naturally get less traffic,,

To increase traffic, you can either improve the hub! or manually promote these hubs  by submitting to all the various sites which hubpages recommends etc...This has helped my low scoring hubs increase traffic-views!

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

William hubscores are an internal measure - it does help search engine traffic to get on the best or hot pages - but overall I haven't found a strong correlation between traffic (and $) and my hub's score.

So yes they probably are dropping because of lack of traffic - but focus on prompting your hubs to get traffic rather than worrying about the score.

You probably get an initial blip of traffic from fans checking out your hub when they get emailed you have published - which then dies.

4. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

I appreciate your comments on my traffic question, compu-smart, Lissie and darkside. I understand it a little better now.

Nevertheless, I can't help wondering whether HubPages could consider resurrecting some old, but good, hubs. Personally, I'd love to see a new category listing -- in addition to "Hot," "Best," and "Latest" -- perhaps something like "Best of the Worst" in order to recycle some long lost worthwhile hubs. I'm sure everyone has old hubs that they'd like to get kick-started again.

1. gbrgn profile image84
      gbrgnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I find that my hubs go down and up within a range, primarily between the low 70s to the high 80s, and sometimes they break into the 90s. I do have a couple that rarely pass 70, but they barely get any visitors.

I do find that the "Best" hubs that appear on the front page look the same. Looks like they just rotate every few days.

5. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

It is a sort of self fulfilling cycle, really. If a hub gets a high score (like upper 90s), it will stay on the front page. The longer it stays on the front page, the more traffic it will get, especially from fresh joinees or those who land on the home page. But this holds true for Hubpages traffic only, not from the SEs.

Authors with high scores (again, high 90s) will also get a lot of traffic for the same reason.

6. seamist profile image82
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Hi William

More than likely, your hubs are scoring low because you're not getting enough traffic. Unless your hub is very unique and keyword rich, awhile after publishing your hubscore will go down. If you want to improve a low hub score, you can add more useful, relevant content to it. Just as important, your article needs backlinks. If you don't know, backlinks are a link pointing from one website to yours. Since most people here write on a hodgepodge of topics, it is harder to get backlinks. If you write on a niche instead instead, it makes it easier to get backlinks because rather than trying to find links for so many different subjects, you only have to find links for your niche. One of the best ways I've found to get traffic is to comment on other blogger's posts that are relevant to your post. I have also tried personally writing webmasters and asking for a link, but that is harder and more time consuming. Maybe you didn't want to know this much, but I hope it helps.