jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The Flow of Ideas For a New Blogger

1. itsfreetothink profile image60
    itsfreetothinkposted 3 years ago

As a new writer on Hubpages, the thought of sharing my ideas to a worldwide audience is somewhat daunting. While I have my opinions, I never thought anyone would care to read them on a regular basis. The Hubpages community is phenomenal in providing support for brand new bloggers new on the scene. The diversity of ideas and reception of even the most random blog posts fills me with confidence to write freely. A blog is an expression of your take on the world. And that's the beauty of blogging. So for any new bloggers out there timid to test the waters, jump right in and you'll see that somewhere out there in the world, someone else wants to hear what you have to say.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages smile Just so you know  Hubpages is not for blogging. It's for writing high quality stand alone articles that draw traffic because people get information that they want - not personal thoughts and opinions that you can't backup, unless they're very relevant or controversial.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey itsfreetothink!

I second WriLilt's welcome. Don't be nervous! One thing that can make you feel a lot more confident when starting is a visit to our Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

It has all the basics you need to get you started on HubPages on the right foot. big_smile

3. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Like blogging, people who are searching for information on the web are looking for unique and qualified answers.  I think your perspective of giving browsers something original will help you on HubPages if you simply aim your information properly.  While blogging is sort of a running commentary on a topic, HubPages articles are aimed at giving users a positive experience--landing on a page they've searched for that gives them exactly the information or experience they seek.  Welcome to HubPages.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to the best site out there. Good luck!

2. Purpose Embraced profile image93
    Purpose Embracedposted 3 years ago

Hi and welcome. I am relatively new at HubPages myself. Bu I find that it is a good place to write. All the best!