jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Too Old to Play?

1. 0
    AngryITChickposted 7 years ago

I'm beginning to think I may not grow out of video games.  Happily married for two years, working a steady job, paying my own bills and still gaming like a twelve year old.  I actually belong to this lovely forum of all 21 and up gamers that play together so we don't have to play with the kiddies (contact me if interested by the way, they're very nice). 

It's just...there's a vast amount of adults in my life I don't inform about my video gaming ways because they will look at me like i'm nuts.  I mean it's certainly not something you put on a resume. hmm 

penny for your thoughts.

2. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Hi AngryITChick
    I used to play video games like you untill i started using this time more constructivly working online!

I still miss playing games but I just dont have the time to waste! (no offence) I used to love Doom, medal of homour type games! basically any game i can shoot people! lol,,and the occasional driving game!...

Thats my penny spent!smile

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Oh my.

AngryITChick, you're like my dream girl..

only you're married!  tongue

4. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

I do not think it matters what people like to do with their free time, but what does matter is you enjoy your activities.  Personally I have never liked gaming and do not play, but I know many people my age and older who still very much into gaming.

5. webjunkie profile image59
    webjunkieposted 7 years ago

While I now longer play console games I dod play wow and even own a  couple online games..At 47 I still play Games   dont feel bad

6. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Oh, like what is an acceptable "adult" hobby? Are you supposed to automatically put away "childish" gaming at 21, 25 or 30 and take up golf? Gardening? Or how about (gag me) scrapbooking? There are all kinds of people in the world. Judging other people's use of their free time seems to me just about as useful as judging other people's choice of careers.
    Having said that, I agree, probably not to be put on a resume (unless you're going for a job in a game store or as a game developer).  Welcome to HP -- another wonderful place to "waste" time:-). MM

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I agree with Mighty. I only do the bubble exploding game. (as much violence as I can take).
    But I'm glad people like to play them since I have a son in the industry and I don't  want him to be broke.

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago

I will stop anything for a good long game of dare I say it  Tetris. And I hate to admit this but half of me is a couple of years over 25.  Add it to my resume---na---maybe not today

9. killatia profile image60
    killatiaposted 7 years ago

Your never too old to plays video games, NEVAH!!!!!!!

10. 0
    AngryITChickposted 7 years ago

I like all of the emotional responses, makes me feel all warm inside.  In all fairness the husband is a bad influence, he's my enabler.  He's the call of duty king.