jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

2 duplicate cheques from Amazon

1. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 3 years ago

So I just received 2 cheques for the same amount from amazon. They even both had the same cheque number. Anyone else had this this month? I was going to cash one and destroy the other but now, having read a thread on here about cheques being bounced, I wonder if I should wait to make sure amazon don't cancel both cheques when they find out the error (I just messaged them).

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think that was my thread about an amazon cheque bouncing. In the end it had nothing to do with amazon - it was a mess up at my bank.

I'm sure you'll get a reply from them Monday or Tuesday about what to do, I've found Amazon quite good like that.

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 3 years ago

Weird! I received a duplicate cheque today as well. It's so tempting to try and bank it, but I shall resist.

There is a discussion board topic about it on Amazon: http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/message … &ctx=0

3. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

I get direct deposit. I wasn't paying attention but I did not get a check for the past two months. Then a few days ago both payments hit my bank account. I would call amazon, or at least hold off to see if the check clears. They defiantly have something strange going on.