jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Problems choosing hubpage artical titles

1. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

I seem to have a problem picking a good title for my hubpages, and i don't know how this could adversely affect my performance on here.

So, for example, i'm writing a hub now about whippet dogs, and their personality ect, so anyone considering buying one would have plenty of information about them. What would be a good title in this case do you think?

Are you supposed to use as your title, what you think a user might search for in google if they were thinking of buying a whippet.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Something to the effect of: "The Personality and Traits of Whippet Dogs; a Buying Guide"

I'm far from an expert on SEO, but I would think you could get hits from people looking specifically for the dog breed, dogs in general, and it seems that buying guides would be a term searched for often.

3. webjunkie profile image60
    webjunkieposted 7 years ago

riotgrrrl use the KISS rule us old timers know that as "Keep It Simple Stupid"  Write good hubs and title them by what they are about. Good content will attract people.

4. riotgrrrl profile image87
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

Thank you both for your kind replies :-)
    I always find writing the title first a stumbeling block,  i can't figure out how to word it, so it's concise, but also informative / explanatory. Thankyou for your suggestions. I shall get back to work!

1. Teresa McGurk profile image82
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How about "Whippets: A Personality Guide."  I'm just learning myself about the best ways to make titles short but informative.  It's taken me a couple of months to get the point (but then, I'm a slow learner).  Good luck with your writing.

5. Paul Profitt profile image78
    Paul Profittposted 7 years ago

Your title is the most important part of your article in terms of  google search results. If you
    just pick a title randomly, you will still be ranked in google,  but unfortunately you will be ranked for a search term that nobody is looking for.

Try signing up for a Google Adwords account and use their free keyword research tool.

1. 0
      multimasteryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I agree. It sounds like you're going about it the hard way.  Let your market tell you how they're searching for your information by using keyword terms that they are entering in the search engines.  Studies show that over over 90% of people begin their search for information at the search engines.  So it would be very wise NOT to ignore this fact.  Google Adwords keywords is one good keyword tool and there's also more... Learn all about the world of keywords here: http://hubpages.com/hub/keywords-defini … t-keywords