Publishing many hubs on one day

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (28 posts)
  1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

I have recently begun to completely revamp my hubs. I am publishing several revamped hubs per day. Can this have a negative effect on my HP profile score, Google rankings etc.??

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not Google rankings but yes the profile scores. Remember that each hub you create affects your hub score average and that average affects your profile score. Don't worry it will go back up.

However, I have never seen your score so low so your hubs may not have anything to do with your score at all.

BTW, how many hubs are you publishing per day?

LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since it's you....and you know you're my favorite....I unpublished all of my hubs in a span of three days, removed all the photographs and have begun to slowly re-populate the hubs with fresh new photographs. So I went from about 570 published hubs to about 104, thus the traffic was cut by 10X. I guess my question stems from risking being labeled as spam (by Google, HP) if I published many hubs on one day since it is not "natural" to publish so many in a short span of time.

1. Diane Woodson profile image61
          Diane Woodsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never understood this, if when you revamp the work, it is better quality, does anyone have a take on this? Good for you for working so hard on all of them, I have over 90 it would take a while to refurbish all of them!!! On hubscore, why can and do they drop a few points so quickly?

2. Cardisa profile image87

I know I'm your favorite and I going to take full advantage of that mister!

Lordy! That might be it. I wish you hadn't done that. two or three per day would have been fine but so many is quite unnatural.

Did you use webmaster tools to remove the url from search? That may also pose a problem as well.

They are de-indexed in about two to three days once they are unpublished

1. janderson99 profile image53
              janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I recall that HP has a spam detector rule in place. If you publish a lot of hubs quickly (not re-edits), HP thinks you are a spammer extraordinaire and drags your hubber score down (it happens to me when I work on several hubs at once and publish them all on the same day). The same thing happens if you try to make friends too quickly, by getting a lot of followers in a short time. Hubber score goes down abd slowly crawls back up.  Strange tales but true.

So I guess that since these are previously published hubs,thus re-edits, the spam label will not fit?

1. Cardisa profile image87

No, since you removed the hubs then republished them, from what I gather, they may be marked as spam.

1. WalterPoon profile image68
                    WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why is there a need to remove the hubs? Just reedit and if you need to remove any capsules, just remove. Spam is when you make many copies.

2. Cardisa profile image87

They take 2-3 weeks to clear all caches and could be marked duplicate by any search engine before they do.

1. WalterPoon profile image68

Guess it doesn't matter because after that period, they will treat your article as original, right?

Honestly, I don't bother about this kind of stuff. What I want to see is an article that I am proud of and that I am proud to show to my friends. I won't be surprised that I will redo some of my hubs eventually, as my knowledge and skills improve and if the earnings hurt in the short-run, it won't stop me from doing it. In the long-run, a quality hub should earn more, right?

2. WalterPoon profile image68

LuisEGonzalez, I suppose if you made your edited hubs worse than before, it could affect your rankings, LOL. If not, it won't. Re-edits are not spam, unless you make many copies of it and post all over.

They are the same (one copy), the edits were only removing old photos and adding new ones

2. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 10 years ago

Did you unpublish them and delete them, or just unpublish them to edit them?  The difference is that when you delete them you need to create a whole new URL.  If this is the case then it would be best to limit how many you republish each day. 

If you just unpublished them and did not delete the existing URL then there shouldn't be a problem at all.  Besides, the hubber score really doesn't matter until it drops below that threshold where you can no longer have affiliate links.

3. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Why would you unpublish a hub that you want to revamp? You can just edit it...and there should be no issues then. You can edit as many hubs as you want a day. As far as publishing many hubs a day I don't see anything wrong with that. I'd assume it would only be deemed as spam if you publish one hub after the other within say an hour, for example. Otherwise you should be fine.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Luis - hop some hubs for a while, and that should raise your Hubber score.  Actually, we should all do that several times a week, 

Meanwhile, I hadn't heard that unoublishing and then republishing would hurt a score.  I'll remember that.  It does make sense that HP would have a spam-meter or something factored into the equation. 

Good for you, though, for going into old hubs and making them fresher.  I hope the number slump is short lived - we all know you're one of the string writers here.

String writer?, I didn't even know that was a name......lol, hope it means something good........tongue

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oops!  Mobile auto-correct!  Lol!   Well, regular contributors in print publications are called 'stringers' does that count?  And even some STRONG writers are stringers.  There.  That should fix it.

5. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 10 years ago

Hey LuisEGonzalez,
    My best advice to you would be to proceed slowly and take it as an opportunity to also edit and update the content of your Hubs. That will keep the publication rate down, plus also add additional value to your work. big_smile

Point taken, thanks

6. socialmarketing7 profile image60
    socialmarketing7posted 10 years ago

Yes it's true. I publish one hub every few days. If you post all at once your score will drop for some reason. Then it comes back up!

7. Making-Jewellery profile image65
    Making-Jewelleryposted 10 years ago

I never bother to unpublish a hub to revamp it .... I am usually revamping them because of low traffic, so I figure that during the time it takes me to revamp nobody in the world would even notice.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)