jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)

Where do I add the +1 button to my hubs?

1. skperdon profile image85
    skperdonposted 3 years ago

I have it on my profile page but haven't been able to find function that allow me to place it on my hubs.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is no way to do that to individual hubs as of yet.  You would be better off doing a Google search for the "AddThis" toolbar extension for your browser and then installing it.  With that toolbar extension you can add dozens of your social networks and then share any page on the internet with your networks when you are logged into them.  It is very easy to use... just click on the button to the network you want to share with and the software captures the URL of the page you are visiting.  You then only add a title and a short description and you're done.

skperdonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you  livewithrichard. I really appreciate it.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey skperdon, livewithrichard and lovebuglena are right- the button cannot be added to Hubs. Sorry for the inconvenience!

We used to have it there, but it was very seldom used, and we didn't want it to detract from the other, more (at least at the time) efficacious social sharing links.

We may add it back someday in the future.

I see, thank you Simone.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

This feature is not available on individual hubs as yet. At least I've not noticed it.

No, its not, livewithrichard and Simone confirmed it also. Thank you lovebuglena.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

I have a Gmail account as my email address, so I simply go to my inbox and then click on the 'share' option next to my profile image (top right of the screen) and enter the url of the article I want to share, then select which groups I want to share it with. Works without any problem. Of course this is not quite the same as the +1 option, but does ensure your work is seen (and hopefully shared by others) on Google Plus.

1. janderson99 profile image85
      janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is a G+ addon option for Mozilla => Plus One Button

Thank you for your comment janderson99. I've added the 'add this' add on to Mozilla.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
        mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Janderson. Right now I am using Chrome rather than Mozilla as I was experiencing some problems with Mozilla. I still have it on my PC though, so will probably add it on just in case I go back to Mozilla at some point in time.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
          livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

At the bottom of this page:  http://www.addthis.com/  You will find the extensions for all browsers.  Add it to Chrome.  It has way more buttons than just the +1 but you get to edit which ones you want to use.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try smile

I've done it. It works!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Worked for me too smile

2. skperdon profile image85

Thank you mistyhorizon2003, I am using the 'share' feature in gmail for my hubs. From what I gather, from everyone's comments, the +1 button isn't exactly a 'hot' item.

4. skperdon profile image85
    skperdonposted 3 years ago

I want to thank everyone for your advice and comments. It was very helpful to me.

working