jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Turnkey Websites

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased a turnkey website and had success with it. Just looking at cheap ways of getting a website up and running and then adding more content.

I can host a website for a year for $12 including a free '.com' and buy a turnkey site for less than $10 - simply haven't got the time to create a fully fledged website at this time. The turnkey website comes with adsense integration and Amazon integration.

My only concern would be that the turnkey site has plaguerized info - but I don't mind rewriting the pages....

Any thoughts or experiences?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have 3 of them but really there was nothing 'turnkey' about them.  I had to rewrite all the content, remove tons of hidden links, and promote the heck out of them.  In just over a year, I am now seeing about $5 a day in revenue from each with just one weekly post to keep things fresh.  I know it will pay off in the long run but I hired a Virtual Assistant to do the promoting and it cost me about $250 for each site.  But now the links are growing naturally and they get pretty good position for the keywords I target.  I haven't used Amazon or other affiliate links on them but I will once the mailing lists reach my target.

You really have to look at the php code on each page because the original creator has likely inserted links and tracking code that siphon away from the page.

SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm beginning to think that creating my own website is the safest option even though it requires more work! Thanks for your answer!

1. livewithrichard profile image84
          livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't get me wrong, the turnkey sites save you a lot of coding and design time.  They are well worth it but like I said, you have to put some time to them.  I bought my 3 in competitive markets (costumes, chocolate, and herbal) and all are performing well.  Get a VA to help with link building or content generation.  Spend a little to make a lot.

What is a VA? First I've heard of this....

OK just googled it - interesting....

working