jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

I Think Im Back

1. Dale Mazurek profile image59
    Dale Mazurekposted 3 years ago

Well its been a while for me.  I have been a member of Hubpages for a long time and yet I barely know anyone anymore.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to walk away from Hubpages and all my internet endeavors over a year ago.

I was actually making some ok money, like around 1500 a month or so with everything combined.

Well in the last year because of private things in my life I have lost most of that income, lost most my domain names and really lost a lot of ambition.

Well I am hopeing I am back.  I dont think I will ever get as much invilved in everything like before.  However I think I am just going to pick a couple things and run with them.

Of course Hubpages will be one of those things.  I am looking forward to getting to meet all the new people and become reaquainted with the others.

Anyone have any hints for my restart feel free to let me know

Anyways I look forward to fixing a bunch of my hubs and starting a lot of new ones.

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Welcome back Dale smile Nice to see you around here again.

I wrote quite a detailed answer to someone who had asked how things had changed at HP in the last few years in relation to Google and rankings - maybe it will be useful to you too smile

Here it is.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Hi, Dale -

I haven't met you here before - I joined the site probably around the time you took a break from online work.  But I am glad to meet you now - I can tell you have a lot to offer those of us who are still learning.  And I have a tremendous amount of respect for the great writers who made HubPages what it is today.

As Susana said, there have been a lot of changes - even in my short time here, I have seen that happen.  One of the biggest changes (maybe the best, in the long run) is a new QAP cycle all hubs go through to ensure high-quality content and writing.  Already, we can see an improvement in the new hubs.  Also, there's a huge reduction in spun content, poor translations and spam. 

Along with this, the site implemented a 'featured' or 'unfeatured' element - we had to get used to the circle with the "H" in it on our accounts page.  A featured hub is one that Google can see (it's indexed).  Otherwise, a hub can only be seen internally.  There's also a new guideline that unless a writer has at least five simultaneously featured hubs, any hub that doesn't pass QAP will not be published.

Susana's explanation is probably way better than mine, but I just wanted to welcome you back and wish you the best in getting your online work back to where you want it to be!

3. Dale Mazurek profile image59

Thanks for the advice so far. :-)

4. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Welcome back!

As others have said, there have been some changes at HP - strongly suggest you begin your second tour by scanning through the learning center. 

Besides information on the Quality Program, you will need to check out the sections on Amazon and eBay capsules if you use those.  Limits on the number of products advertised have been instituted.

5. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 3 years ago

Hey Dale, good to see you back

6. Dale Mazurek profile image59

Thanks CM

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

You've been missed.  I hope things are looking up for you.  Welcome back. smile

8. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

Dale, it's great to see you back!

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

Hi Dale, great to see you back again smile

10. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

Welcome back Dale...  Looks like you have some work cut out for you.  Sorry to hear about the downfall of your online empire, but I'm sure you can rebound.

11. Dale Mazurek profile image59

Thanks everyone.  I know its going to take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things but I did it once so Im sure I can get er done again.

12. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 3 years ago

I was just scrolling through the forum threads, and I thought this one read "I think I'm black." I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet. lol

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image97
      Gcrhoads64posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Now that would make an interesting forum topic. wink

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It would, wouldn't it?

13. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago

Welcome back Dale.  Don't get discouraged!!!