jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

How to Improve Page Rank?

1. agilitymach profile image100
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I admit that Google, SEO and the whole thing has me addled.  I found out today that my Hubpages site has a page rank of only 2.  How can I improve this?  I "think" I have high quality hubs, but Google doesn't like me.  Does anyone understand page rank and is it important?

Also, I'm hearing more and more about "authorship."  On Webmaster Tools (or was it analytics?) I saw I can set up a profile on Google + that is supposed to somehow help with authorship.  Is this worthwhile?  What is it anyway?

I'd like to boost Google traffic some more.

1. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey agilitymatch! (Simone Smith here)

Stop by our guide to Google+ for the procedure on setting up authorship: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/a-Hu … oogle-Plus

We've found the best route toward good Page Rank involves not only creating great content, but doing a lot of competitive research to make sure you can beat the competition.

Hope that helps!

agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone!!  I didn't know there was a Learning Center page on this.  I'll check it out.

2. dontaytte profile image78
      dontaytteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just keep at it. I try to use google hot topics to find stories that people are searching for. Use low competition keywords in title,page url, and in the first couple of paragraphs. Then make sure you back link the article. I use about three blogs, social media sites, and others. The main purpose is that you need traffic back links leading to your article as well as away from your article. When I use links I use a mix of high ranking google sites and hubpages links similar to my story to lead away from my article. Then I write similar posts on my blogs with links back to my hubpage. It only took me a year and a half to figure that out. Good luck

2. Danielspages2013 profile image89
    Danielspages2013posted 3 years ago

Thank you for sharing that info.

3. yarddog2k profile image60
    yarddog2kposted 3 years ago

After pulling my hair out trying to find those perfect "low competition" keywords, I finally stopped worrying about page rank (who can keep up with big G's algorithms anyway?). I'm focusing more on viral traffic through the use of social media and video marketing. By writing good quality articles that visitors enjoy reading and promoting your writings via social media platforms, you can build a readership that will look forward to your next article. I'm through with the stupid SEO game because what works today, won't work a month from now.

Thank you, yarddog.  I have really good social media traffic that was built in for me since I'm fairly well known locally in what I write about.  It was easy to transform that into a following, but now I'd like to increase SEO traffic too.  That way I'd get some bang from both sides of the coin. smile

Good luck and thanks for the advice.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

"Page Rank" is an extremely broad and almost useless way of gauging how Google will treat your site.

I'd suggest concentrating on finding low competition, high traffic topics wink

5. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

The Google PageRank is only a reflection of the quality and quantity of inbound links.  Nothing else. 

I wrote an in-depth discussion about how this works in my new Hub, SEO Tutorial. You can find it by going to this section in the Table of Contents:

Thank you.  I will check it out. smile