jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Notifications issue?

1. 0
    delleaposted 3 years ago

When I log into HubPages I expect to see notifications when I have comments on my hubs, etc. However, I've found that every day I have to go to Comments to see if anyone has posted a comment. I will have unmoderated comments there, but they are not shown under Notifications at the top until AFTER I have approved and replied to the comments? Shouldn't I be notified of pending comments beforehand? Is this another bug in HP, because it happens despite which browser or computer I use to access my HP account?

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi della,
      When you visit your Feed, you're seeing the badge showing the number of unmoderated comments you have, yes?
      When you visit the entire feed of all your notifications here: http://hubpages.com/my/activity/online-notifications
      Do you see notifications of comments?

I just checked mine and they're coming in, though they're hard to find because I also get a lot of notifications on others' Hubs I follow getting comments, as well as new replies being posted to Forum discussions.

This might be the case with you, too. The notifications are likely rolling in, but they're also getting pushed out of the header notifications box quickly because other things keep happening.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

I have noticed the notifications no longer seem to be 'instant' and sometimes I don't get an email or a number show in the notifications tab (at the top of the page) until several hours or more after the comment was made. I can however find them the same way you did, by going to the 'comments' tab.

1. 0
      delleaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is exactly what I'm talking about... I have to go to the Comments tab to see if I got any comments, and when I do have comments, the top Notifications box doesn't tell me about them until AFTER I approve and reply to the comment... THEN the Notifications box has a "1" next to it, and when I click on it it shows the comment that I had just approved/replied to... all in all, it's quite confusing how the Notifications box works (or doesn't work). To add to this dilemma, the same thing seems to be happening with my Fan Mail as well... Notifications appear AFTER I go to hunt and peck for fan mail through the tabs.... it's all quite unusual, and ironic, because if you've already responded to the comment then technically there's no longer a need to be notified about it.