jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

QAP Process suggestion.

1. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

From time to time I go back and take a look at old hubs. While they may be featured, they may only have slipped past the QAP requirements. What I'd like is the ability to send a featured hub back through the process. I realize I shouldn't be able to do this for every hub, but if I susbstantially change the hub (say by adding 500 words or more) then I would like to resubmit to QAP.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You mean you voluntarily want to send a hub past QAP?

Really?

SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well the theory behind this is:

If my QAP scores are factored into my Hubber Score, then if I have a lot of hubs that average 7 whereas my newer hubs average 8 then the older hubs will be dragging my Hubber Score down. So if I substantially improve older hubs I'd want them to be QAPed so my overall quality score improves.

Not sure if it's really that important - but I'd rather be safe than sorry!!!

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I understood your point hon, and it's a good one.

I was just making a joke. smile

big_smile

2. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

If you edit it, then it supposedly goes back through QAP. Several of my scores have changed after editing. They have gone up if I added video and additional text. I found one hub that somehow lost text from the conclusion. It helps my confidence in my writing to make improvements.

I thought they only go back to the QAP if they were un-featured and edited?

2. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Correct! Every Hub that is edited goes through the QAP again. big_smile

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Simone - wouldn't we see the spinning arrows if a hub is going through QAP?  When I do quick, minor edits to a hub that's already published, I don't see that happening.  I agree with Simey - it would be great to have that review process to hubs we are tweaking.

4. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I personally would not want this to happen to hubs that are already published AND featured.  If that was the case they would have the no-index tag from what I understand. 

That would make it problematic for popular hubs that you might want to edit.  It would put them offline for awhile, right?

Since I have some hubs that I update as information comes out, it would be frustrating to have to wait for QAP every time there is a tweak.

Maybe you guys are just talking about hubs that have never been through QAP and are still featured?

5. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

Viewers can still see the hub. That is my understanding. Simone, correct me if I am wrong. It is listed as featured.

working