jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Where Do You Like to Compose Your Hubs?

1. Jordan Hake profile image85
    Jordan Hakeposted 3 years ago

I've found the Hubtool to be inspiring, and I've written all my hubs in them.  Does anyone else write them in some other program and translate them in?  If so, what program?  Would you recommend it?

1. Desmith3 profile image82
      Desmith3posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use Google Drive. It's free, your work is auto-saved, it has spell-check and grammar and word count tools, and it has a handy research window live as you type. Plus, if your hard drive crashes, all your work is stored online.

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 3 years ago

I compose all of my drafts for Hubs, blog posts, and anything else I intend to publish, using Microsoft Word where I can check my spelling, grammar, word count, etc.. and keep it saved offline on my computer.  At times I have also used free programs such as OpenOffice and AbiWord.  Any of those 3 are great programs to draft your writing.

3. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 years ago

I just randomly log into Hubpages and click "start a hub" and off I go ..... I don't even do any keyword research first.... and then I write directly into the hub modules and click Publish.

Then I make a coffee and stare out of the window for an hour ..... before checking my traffic.

Not a good system ... I'd not recommend this.... but it's stress-free.

Actually ... I've no idea what the Hubtool is, so just had to search and find out.  .... oh all that stuff on the right.   I'm aware of it, but I think focussing on it (for me) would build stress and, long-term, hold me back.

4. StoneCircle profile image87
    StoneCircleposted 3 years ago

I do all of my writing in Microsoft Word then edit any photos related to the hub in Corel Paintshop Pro. When I begin to upload the hub I am going to publish, I adjust the flow by how it looks in the  Start a hub section.