jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Links in Link List are "No-Follow"!

1. Capefox profile image61
    Capefoxposted 3 years ago

Why are URLs in the Link List module "No-Follow"?  What's the use of a link list when they have no back-link value? Squidoo link list URLs are do-follow!

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All of your outgoing links will be nofollow until your hubber score is over 75. The individual hubscore needs to be over 40 as well. This is to prevent spammers writing crap articles just for backlinks.

If you publish good quality content your scores will rise over time and are not at all hard to maintain. It's just a waiting game.

P.S. You'll find quite a lot of differences between HP and Squidoo!

1. Simone Smith profile image92
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for providing that helpful explanation, Susana S!

2. Capefox profile image61
        Capefoxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Susana S - I wasn't aware of that. I'll be patient. I do enjoy the ease of working with HubPages' editing tools over Squidoo, although I use both platforms.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
      WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe Squidoo has made all links to external sites no-follow.

1. Capefox profile image61
        Capefoxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

WriteAngled - I use the "NoDoFollow" Firefox extension by Zachary Fox - a very useful tool that tells whether a link is no-follow or do-follow; it highlights the link pink for no-follow and blue for do-follow when you turn the feature on, and the links in my Squidoo link list turn blue, so they're do-follow. Links within the lens content are no-follow, as are links to Amazon products.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Link capsules are useful in providing a better experience for the reader, giving them access to pertinent articles/hubs that can provide more information.  Should you stick in a bunch of backlinks to your other works, without regard to the value to the reader, (meaning links that are not relevant to the topic of the hub) you will find the hub unpublished.

While the SEO value of backlinks is nice, it should never be the prime purpose of a link.  If that's what you are including them for, best to simply leave them out or run over to shotoldme or some other backlink farm where they ARE the prime reason for posting.