jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Please put the Learning Center link back under "explore"

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

I can never find the learning center link, and it is very frustrating.  If you are listening, Hub Gods...please place it back where it was for easy access.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'll bring up the recommendation in the next community meeting!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Please, please, please put it back.  A few minutes ago, I wanted to look up the Learning Centre to check some advice I was giving.  I couldn't find it.

I clicked on Help but didn't notice the link in the second paragraph.  I had to find this thread so I could find directions on where to find it!

So it really is invisible now, and desperately needs to be made more prominent.

By the way, your new Help doesn't have an option for "I would like to know more about how to put together a Hub".

2. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello again!

We looked into this issue, and while we agreed in our community meeting that it would be helpful for us to more prominently feature the Learning Center, we are not quite sure exactly how that should be done.

We wish to keep the top navigation bar as simple as possible, so adding more to it is not considered ideal.

What's more, we have not seen significant loss in traffic to the Learning Center since it was removed from the top navigation bar, which leads us to believe that the switch was not necessarily preventing people from accessing it (though it could be that *different* people are accessing it now).

Long story short, I am sorry to say that I cannot say we will be taking immediate action on your request. My best advice to you at this point would be to bookmark the Learning Center's URL if you use it regularly (this is what I have done).

My apologies!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good to hear there's been no loss of traffic, but my concern has always been that not enough newbies are looking at it in the first place.  So no loss is good - but what you really need is an increase!

I can understand wanting to keep the top bar clean, but how about having a drop-down for the Help, with three entries - FAQ, Learning Centre, and Support?

That's a very common setup on other sites, and would encourage people to check out the FAQ and Learning Centre before resorting to Support - which has to be a good thing.

2. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

I agree with you that I can never remember where it is.  But if you click "help" it's the second link.  A direct link would be handier, for sure, though.

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image87
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

I agree with you---it was so convenient, when it was up there.

4. Thelma Alberts profile image84
    Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago

Yep, I agree with you. I was looking at that link, too.

5. suzzycue profile image87
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

I also would appreciate that.

working