jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

What Kind of Judgement is that?

1. pinappu profile image78
    pinappuposted 3 years ago

My most popular hub was in top 3 in Google searches for a good keyword. It was getting 500 to 600 visitors daily. The highest it got one day was 2200!

But today I found that some upstart moderator or staff has unpublished this hub! The charge against it is that it has unrelated links.

This hub only had two links and those links are to my other two hubs! No external link! Yes, one of the hub was a bit unrelated but not 100% unrelated one. But it got unpublished for that.

I want to know what is that? Are you crazy people? Are you un-publishing the hubs which brings you a huge amount of traffic?

Now, the hub is giving 404 error for those fools. Every visitor from each link will get 404 error and when the hub will be republished again it would be thrown back to 300 to 400th position in Google search. This is called true witch-hunting man! I am so frustrated. I thought the people at Squidoo were only capable of such a stupid feat. Now, it seems that they are everywhere.

God saves us and HubPages!

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry this has been such a negative experience for you, pinappu! I am glad to read that you have responded to the request sent to you by the moderation team and have resubmitted your Hub. All we ask is that Hubs meet our publishing standards; so long as your Hub meets them, I'm sure you will be fine now.

1. pinappu profile image78
        pinappuposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The moderation team is there for checking the hubs but in my opinion, it would be better if you consider the popular ones with a little strictness. Otherwise, you may throw the baby with the tub.

2. Writer Fox profile image76
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Sounds like something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Did you at least e-mail someone at HubPages to take a look at your Hub?

3. pinappu profile image78

No, I have deleted every link and added some text and republished it. No mercy is intended.

4. Writer Fox profile image76
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

So it republished OK then?

5. pinappu profile image78

I am waiting to see what happen.

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Let us know when it is published again.

6. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

What kind of judgement?  Probably the kind that says "Follow the rules regardless of what the traffic is." and is something that makes perfect sense.

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's how our moderation team works... unless they are SECRET AGENTS WHO LIEEEEE. Which would actually be pretty neat.

7. pinappu profile image78

"What kind of judgement?  Probably the kind that says "Follow the rules regardless of what the traffic is." and is something that makes perfect sense."
    -"Lambs laughs when the chicken is roasted" - A Chinese proverb.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

*shrug* - You want a personal exemption to HP rules, write them and ask for it.  Explain that you are better than anyone else and shouldn't have to follow the rules. 

When you get it, let me know; I'm out of here.  Rules that apply to me apply to everyone else or I don't play.

8. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 3 years ago

Were the hubs all on the same topic or were you trying to give another niche some link juice from your best hub. It really doesn't matter to the moderators who owns the hubs. They want all links to go to sites that add to the main topic. That's at least the way I read it. That's pretty much the way Google wants it these days too.

I've got to say that I agree with most of what the HP moderators and teams come up with.

working