jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Video Capsule - simple improvement - YouTube Start Time Parameter

1. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 3 years ago

YouTube allows a start time parameter that, when used in a link, causes the linked video to start at the specified time. For example, in:

http://youtu.be/Y0t-RqjMH-A?t=2m40s

the ?t=2m40s should cause the video to begin playing at time 2:40, not time 0:00.

However, this parameter does not work in the HubPages video capsule.

It would be great if it did, and this seems like a simple thing to make work.

Thanks for listening - I hope you do this,
    Sid

1. LaThing profile image81
      LaThingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am with you, Sid. I would like to see that too.... smile

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Love that suggestion! I'll bring it up at our next community meeting and attempt to ascertain whether adding this functionality would be relatively easy.

1. SidKemp profile image95
        SidKempposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great! Thanks, Simone. if HubPages does it, my readers will hear Winston Churchill saying, "Never have so many owed so much to so few" 2 minutes and 40 seconds sooner. In these impatient days, that matters. smile

1. Simone Smith profile image92
          Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good news, SidKemp! We, in a very cursory manner, looked into whether or not it would be feasible for us to enable Hubbers to do this, and it looks like it might be somewhat easy to do.
          I have therefore filed a ticket to add the capability. No promises, as there might be unforeseen complications (not to mention higher priority projects holding this back), but hopefully this will be possible relatively soon! It would be great for your readers to be able to jump straight to that famous quote.

working