jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Applying for the Apprentice Program

1. evamaries profile image61
    evamariesposted 3 years ago

I just read about the above program. How would I apply for it?  Also it stated that if Google Adsense denies you you can't join?  I published one web site that they rejected does that mean that I lost my account or that I need to have every publication checked by them for approval?  This is all new to me.  Thanks or answering.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am so pleased that you are interested in the Apprenticeship Program, evamaries! The program is presently on hold as we develop a newer, better version. The good news is that this version will probably not require one to have an AdSense account; the bad news is that it will not likely to live until mid to late summer. We'll keep you posted!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just to clarify with the comment 'will not likely to live until mid to late summer' this is well after Memorial Day weekend and towards Labor Day weekend?

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Hi, Evamaries - welcome to HubPages!  I know Simone or someone will give you an official answer on how the application process works now, but I wanted to mention that AdSense takes a while for approval.  The guidelines for signing up for AdSense are a bit confusing - it almost sounds like it's automatic & easy to get an account.  That's not how it works - Google will review your content and they only grant accounts when a writer has a solid inventory of good articles - lately, it appears 20 or so is a good starting point.

So just take your time, write good hubs, use the Learning Center to get tips about getting traffic and creating hubs that readers will enjoy. Then apply again, after you have written more material.  Everyone has to go through this process, so you're in great company!  You'll also learn more about what is expected in the Apprenticeship Program - it's a lot of work, but a good learning experience.  Much (maybe all) of what is learned in the AP is found in the Learning Center on the site.

Best of luck with your hubbing, and it's great to have you here!

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing those helpful AdSense application tips, Marcy!

3. KenDeanAgudo profile image74
    KenDeanAgudoposted 3 years ago

Thank you for this forum looks like the apprenticeship earning program is exciting.

4. cashmere profile image84
    cashmereposted 3 years ago

Could we know tentatively by when the new program will be launched?