jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Referral Trackers and Pinterest

1. Rock_nj profile image89
    Rock_njposted 3 years ago

Does anyone know if referral trackers at HubPages work with Pinterest?  I posted a number of pictures on Pinterest with links with referral trackers to Hubs, but haven't seen anything from it.  Any tips on getting interest on Pinterest?  Thanks.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt  shared some great tips on getting interest from Pinterest.  She recommends creating images that are 'made for Pinterest' by including text on them.

Here's a forum thread she posted:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111570

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I read that one, Marcy and have continually posted those types of pix since then.  Have had very little response, but love the way the photos look on my articles.

Rock_njposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I had a feeling referral trackers and Pinterest didn't mix.  I wonder why they don't like them?

1. Susana S profile image90
            Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Affiliate links attract spammers.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
            rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As Susana commented, they attract spammers, which in a sense is what pinning hubs can very well turn into.

Thanks!  Does this also mean that Pinterest will not show up in the Source listing that HubPages provides?  So far, I haven't seen it show up in that listing.

2. Rock_nj profile image89

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do NOT use referral trackers on Pinterest! Last time I checked, Pinterest has a hissy fit when one does that. Go click on one of your referral trackers there and you will see what I mean... smile

1. Simone Smith profile image92
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I second that. Pinterest specifically seems to not like them.

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image99
    Stephanie Henkelposted 3 years ago

I use referral trackers whenever I pin a hub onto Pinterest.  Sometimes adding the tracker code is a little roundabout, but it does work, and I see regular traffic from Pinterest when I look at my traffic sources.

Thanks Stephanie.  I will just have to be persistent with Pinterest.  So far, I have found no interest, but I know that can change over time.  One thing that intrigues me about Pinterest is that people I know that aren't into social networking like the site because it's so visual.

working