jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Market research, keyword research.... I'm losing my mind!

1. yarddog2k profile image60
    yarddog2kposted 3 years ago

I keep finding so much conflicting information on the web about choosing the best market and the best keywords. I'm ready to just write hubs and not worry about this stuff. Any opinions?

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great question, yarddog2k. It all comes down to personal preference, I think. Our recommendation, as reflected in this guide is that people incorporate likely search terms into their work, and run some competitive research, but do not go overboard with the use of special tools, which are not entirely accurate and may lead one to focus on the wrong things (keyword density, "shiny" topics about which they care little, etc) instead of the right things (creating high quality content about their passions and areas of expertise).

2. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't concern yourself with the 'best market' to write in, concern yourself with what is best for you to write about.  Share on what you do for a living.  Write about specific jobs or details related to your career.  Use the Google Keyword tool to see how many searchers are targeting terms related to your job, then Search those terms on Google to see how many competing pages are indexed for those "exact" terms.
      Solve a problem, or detail an easy fix... These are the best types of hubs.

2. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 3 years ago

Write about things you know and keep it natural. After that you can go back in and tweak for keywords. If you write for keywords then you will go insane and it won't seem natural. Readers pick up on that and you will spend quite a bit of money on the duck tape you will need to put your brain back in your head.