jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Whatever happened to the indent???

1. To Start Again profile image86
    To Start Againposted 3 years ago

Why can I no longer indent each new paragraph in the text capsules? I noticed this a while back-I went to do some editing on an older hub and when I saved the capsule, the indent was gone. This drives me crazy! yikes

I prefer the look of indented paragraphs because I think it makes the text look neater and more put together. It's just a personal (probably OCD lol) thing and I've been quietly dealing with it in hopes it would somehow magically come back but it hasn't.
    So, I'm formally asking---can we please have the option to indent a line? Pretty please??

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sure, I'll bring it up in our next community meeting! I didn't even know the option had disappeared... thanks for bringing it up!

To Start Againposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks Simone! big_smile

2. Simone Smith profile image90
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi again To Start Again!
        I brought this up in our community meeting yesterday only to discover that the move was actually intentional! Indeed, to make formatting on HubPages more uniform, we chose to make indentation impossible (it is generally seen as unnecessary for online formats).
        I am sorry to be depriving you of your preferred formatting method, but at least I can provide our reasoning behind the limited paragraph formatting options we offer. I hope that counts for something. ^_^;;

lol thanks Simone- I appreciate your bringing it up and letting me know! That's one of the great things about this place smile
          No worries, I guess I'll just have to conform hahaha

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I wonder if tab would work. Someone else can try it. I'm not sufficiently motivated. big_smile

1. dalechansenda profile image60
      dalechansendaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

hahaha let me stretch my finger and press tab

2. To Start Again profile image86

it makes it go to the next option, takes you away from the text or at least it did the last time I tried...

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am equally unexplained as to this post.

I tried tab before. I thought i replied that but I'm not motivated enough to go back and check lol lol
        It just takes you to the next option for the capsule or out of the capsule or something I don't remember exactly but it didn't work...

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
          paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Whatever you do, do not do ctrl<snipped>.

3. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago

I also see '--' a lot lately.  Do I need to go back and take english 101 again at 51?

working